• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

battah

Thanks for the flip, Cathy! And thank you PD, Katbran (safe travels today!!), Corvettegirl, la_corsetiere, GemGeek, BW, and BCM! It was fun (though at times frustrating) to make. You know I can never just go with simple! I posted a tutorial in the Lonely Beader’s forum so you all can have fun making your own :)

86Corvettegirl

Headed to my orthopedist for follow up from surgery so I'm wearing my ombré strands of SS & T's.

Attachments

• 20180925_122740.jpg
    20180925_122740.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0

battah

That rope is stunning, Corvettegirl <3

Today’s look - woven rosebud pearl necklace with little glass beads.

6079B84A-100C-40C7-9156-CD379A7DE126.jpg

86Corvettegirl

Thank you, BWeaves, Charlotta, & Battah! I love these ombré strands so much & I wear them often. My doctor liked them, too, & wants to get a strand for his wife. I told him where I got mine from & also passed along Cees info & some sites to check.

Battah, those rosebuds look sensational on you!

BWeaves

Battah, Those rosebuds look amazing with the "pearl dots" on your dress. I love your ringlets.

BWeaves

Here's a combination I haven't tried before. Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon necklace with my baroque akoya necklace and Hanadama studs from PP. The necklaces don't match at all, but they nest perfectly. The studs look great with the baroque akoyas. They're a good match.

fullsizeoutput_8b9.jpg

86Corvettegirl

It's a lovely look, BW. Yes, they nest perfectly & the luster is great!! Not too heavy since Southern weather is still hot & humid!

BWeaves

I never would have put these 2 strands together before I haunted this forum. The different sizes and colors of the pearls would have bugged me. Now I really like the contrast.

Bcm21mk

I'm a sucker for a double strand! They look terrific. The longer,smaller, Pearl strand was unexpected. I really liked it.

GemGeek

Pearlista
Corvette Girl, love those ombré strands together - seriously glamorous!
Battah, that torsade is lovely and you look amazing.
BWeaves, yes, that combo looks terrific. I know that all this combining and layering has changed my stodgy mindset about what looks good.

86Corvettegirl

Thanks, GemGeek! I've worn them a couple of times this week & will be wearing them again this weekend.

I agree that this forum with all it's combinations & layering has changed my old mind about what look good.

JerseyPearl

Lovely! And BWeaves, that stack is great! I recently restrung my mother's 30" blue lagoons into a double strand with a clasp I harvested from an eBay purchase. It's actually a 3 strand clasp, so I'm looking for a third one to add in between the two outer strands. My mind keeps coming back to a contrasting center...maybe I'll try it with smaller pearl (3-4mm) strand in the center!