Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lary007, thanks for posting pics of those lovely ripples. They are truly beautiful! I was planning to buy a strand, but got sidetracked with a crazy work schedule. You wear them well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Um Katbran, I have some pretty GSSPs coming my way...I think I may need to see that new design.
Jersey Pearl...as you asked !

IMG_1335.jpg
13.5 x 19mm Souffles on top of the pin so you get an idea

Terrible light for the photo but you get the idea :) It's about 3.3 inches from the very top to the tip of the pin. I put a pair of 13.5 x 19mm Souffles on top of the pin so you get an idea. The other is something that I'm working on, hammered links that drop about 2.6 inches with some 12mm lavenderishy smooth ripple Mings.

Those ripples just GLOW! And I love the spike earring setting, too.

Beautiful, BWeaves, I just love pearls and cameos together.

Lary those are gorgeous! Very nice purchase.

Katbran, very cool silver work!

Thank you MSC JP and Battah ! I'm not as creative or talented as Beatriz but I enjoy tinkering with simple shapes and designs. I started silversmithing a few years ago when there was a large bead I wanted and couldn't find anywhere . I never ended up making the bead lol but I really enjoy what I do. I'm actually loving the rustic linked ones and started to do a shorter version yesterday. Again thanks for the lovely comments !

Thanks Kelluvpearls ! Just a tad under 2mm square wire. Need hair short or pulled back or up for these - quite dramatic looking as they tend to curve out slightly .. tho fiddling with the ear wire can change the direction. When you have a long fixed curve like this the position of the piercing can make a difference. I couldn't decide if they were going to be too long but to be safe I'm going to do a slightly shorter one too lol

BWeaves, you wear the choker so well. Is it comfortable?

Gorgeous ripples lary! They are so glowy.

Katbran, your earrings are beautiful! I especially love the spike earrings. I can't believe you made them! So talented.

Hanadama:

It is comfortable. I've restrung it several times to get it right.. The important thing is that the lower strands are longer than the higher strands, so the necklace curves in a U shape when laid on a flat surface. If all strands are the same length, the top strands will sag when the necklace is worn, or it will be uncomfortable.

Getting 3 strands to nest just right is definitely tricky. I still have one lower strand that is a hair longer than the others, and it has to be the size of the pearls on that strand because every time I restring it, it's always just a hair longer than the others.

Last edited:
All lovely ladies. It's always such joy to see everyone's pearls and styling. Gives me inspiration.

Today mixed strand as rope or doubled was inspired by Purr. It's fun to mix different colour strand together.

mixed strand as rope or doubled was inspired by Purr

BWeaves I can only imagine how tricky it would be to get the three strands to not only sit comfortably but also nest perfectly! You did an excellent job.

Kalmen, both styles look good but I love them doubled! The contrasting dark/light really makes the pearls pop.

I love that, Kalmen!

Twisted double strand of Tahitians today. Why are my pearl selfies always so blurry!

Twisted double strand of Tahitians today

Back