Show us your live event purchases!

Can't wait to see it!

And I only willingly inhabit Ban Island surrounded my all my pearls!

OOOOO, lary007 and pearlgirl12, I am looking forward to seeing your new pieces. Woo hoo!

PHEW! Someone bought that neon Tahitian pearl drop I was lusting after on the Second Chance PP Live page. I already have a very similar pendant from Kamoka, La Petite Perlagrina, and I really did not need another, although it was gorgeous.

I'm still drooling over all the BBA strands, and then I have to keep reminding myself that I already have 4.

Last edited:
Alright, poll time! I have the drilled goldens back in my possession today. I already set the near round with a white gold diamond bail, but I wanted to see everybody's opinion on how to set this one. It's nighttime so lighting isn't great but I was too excited to wait until this weekend to start trying to do this.

This first two pictures are with a mint garnet in both silver and gold bails.

20240613_215336.jpg
20240613_215421.jpg

Next two are with an Afghan emerald in gold and silver. The stone is crooked in the picture with the gold setting but I didn't want to adjust the prongs unless I am actually putting that stone in there.

20240613_215503.jpg

20240613_220106.jpg

Next two are with a Zambian emerald in gold and silver.

20240613_220240.jpg
20240613_220330.jpg

And the last two are with a demantoid garnet in gold and silver.

20240613_220453.jpg

20240613_220544.jpg

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20240613_220932.jpg
    20240613_220932.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 65
What a nice challenge! Wonderful pearl to work with! As I am going through this exact dillemma (gold pearls with metal and stone (currently at an impasse), I can commiserate as follows:

Jeweler wants gold to match the pearls. I want silver (platinum, etc) as a contrast and to reserve the gold for the pearls.

Stone: Brilliant or fancy color? Maybe two sides and take your choice according to wardrobe/mood?

Last edited:
Well, the good news is, you can’t go wrong! My personal preference is for yellow gold in either of the 2 emeralds.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of your choices. They all look good.

But I like the yellow gold bail with either the mint garnet or the demantoid garnet.

While I like both the yellow and white metals with the golden pearl, I prefer yellow metal with the green gems, because it enhances the green of the gemstone.

What a nice challenge! Wonderful pearl to work with! As I am going through this exact dillemma (gold pearls with metal and stone, currently at a stand-off) I can commiserate as follows:

Jeweler wants gold to match the pearls. I want silver (platinum, etc) as a contrast and to reserve the gold for the pearls.

Steve: To me, the color of the pearls will dictate a white or yellow metal. Some gold pearls look washed out next to yellow gold, while other gold pearls look enhanced next to yellow gold. The gold pearls that don't look good next to yellow gold often look enhanced next to a white metal. Even white metals have different whitenesses. So white gold will be softer and yellower looking than platinum, unless it's plated with rhodium.

Back