Show us your Black Friday Purchases!

I so badly wanted that big GSS pearl on the hand engraved gold band ... LOVE. Sigh. Just couldn't justify it and left it for someone else, and only got what I really needed. I'll just be over in the naughty corner, keeping Sea Urchin company ....

Oops. :p

aaa.jpg

LOL, Sea Urchin! I saw that, and almost ..... but hubby is still awake and sitting right next to me ... :) That's really gorgeous!

Cathy I also loved the GSS ring with the engraved band. So beautiful.

Gorgeous pieces Sea Urchin!

Lovely pieces, ladies. I love the gssp ring too but I have to save for my next travel. So I sit out this sale.

Thanks, everyone.

I just ordered a 15-16mm metallic white Edison pendant and chain. I couldn't copy the pic though. I'm buying what I want and my husband will take it away and give it back to me for occasions throughout the year so everyone's happy. Especially me haha!

Anyone else? :p

I had Pearl Paradise resize a really pretty WSS ring (Thank You Mikeyy!) for me early this past summer. It was a very simple gold band ... and it needed something; but not too much to distract from the pearl. John found that engraver, and had my band engraved, and it's incredible. I think the GSS ring up on the sale now is even prettier engraving ... sigh ...

Sounds gorgeous, Cathy.

I had my eye on those AAA 7-8mm mixed metallic freshwater strands and went ahead and got two. I requested that they string them into one long strand but I'm guessing they won't do special orders on the sale items so maybe later. I can't get the photo of those either now. Does anyone else love this Pearl Paradise sale as much as I do? :)

Last edited:
There's several things I have my eye on and I have to pass. Just picked up Greg's car from the repair shop. Yikes, that was expensive.

There's been some beautiful metallic strands. Fortunately,:D pinks and peaches do not look good on me.

Ah-hah, so Sea Urchin that was you that removed temptation from me with that metallic drop bracelet! I was also eyeing off a 9-10mm metallic peach strand but was not sure if the colour would suit me. So of course while thinking about that more temptation disappeared (must remember- things go fast on these sales!) I did end up getting some 15-16 mm button edison stud earrings (pic gone already so can't link) and a 4-4.5 mm freshwater strand which I'm going to break up to incorporate into a pearl project. For some reason it seems quite hard to find the tinier pearls in a decent quality, well at least in Oz. Not wanting to spend too much these sales as on a budget, otherwise there is plenty on all the usual sites to choose from! Those tahitian round bracelets on PP are just gorgeous...

I wish we could see the sold out items, like in past sales. I want to see what everyone ordered!

Peonyrose, I've heard similar complaints about small pearls. The theory is that there is higher demand for larger pearls, so the farmers aren't growing as many little pearls. They leave them in longer, to grow bigger.

PeonyRose, I was eyeing those earrings too. I hope to see ear shots when you get them!

Last edited:
I wish we could see the sold out items, like in past sales. I want to see what everyone ordered!

Peonyrose, I've heard similar complaints about small pearls. The theory is that there is higher demand for larger pearls, so the farmers aren't growing as many little pearls. They leave them in longer, to grow bigger.

Right! That explains it then. I wish the sold items were still shown for a while as well, especially for one-offs. then again the last thing I need is more stuff to "need" heh heh. I will try and post ear shots once those whoppers arrive - but that takes about 2 weeks here in Oz!

Did anyone get one of those little lavender double braclets? I really like it but already have one almost like it.

Last edited:
Well, I caught a glimpse of some Akoya items, but I blinked and they were gone.
In the final analysis, I find these sales very discouraging. Ah well. One more wave until next year.

Back