Show us your beads, please

knotty panda

Pearl Knotting & Wire Expert
This is a chain maille design. When I made the necklace and the bracelet, the necklace wore me, so I scaled it down and made another bracelet as well for myself (claspless) so I could sell the original set.

Last edited:
Lemon citrine nuggets (7-8MM) looped on 20ga with a single loop and connected with a double jump ring.

Attachments

• lemoncit.JPG
    lemoncit.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 52
Heart shaped blue topaz beads. When I ordered the beads, I planned to wire it to a thin silver chain. But the loops on the heart looked a little like Mickey Mouse, so I redid it with liquid silver, but then I decided to silver it over-the-top and I get alot of complements on it, so, I've got 5 or 6 of those sweet little beads left to spread around.

Attachments

• hearts.JPG
    hearts.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 48
This is a similar design with a trillion peridot.

Attachments

• peridot.JPG
    peridot.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 48
Hi Knotty,

Some fun stuff... as for the chain maile wearing you, have you tried to use smaller links??? That particular chain maile design looks elegant in smaller links.

I have friends who do all kinds of stuff in maile. from shirts to bakini's and ladies evening wear to washcloths which work very well on cast iron :D , to jewelry and headwear...

none of them had ever put gemsotnes with it only glass beads I like the gemstones much better great Job.

cheers

Ash

Chain maille. I dream of a chain maille bikini interspersed with pearls. It may not be very comfortable, but really makes a statement at the beach. Can't really wear one in salt water for fear of becoming a rust bucket. And you have to watch the waves because you can easily be washed away and find yourself in China. Or the bikini washes away and you find yourself really embarrassed.

Me & chainmaillle: There should have been a huge pearl of some sort hanging from the chain in the middle of my forehead.

Attachments

• Sword1Copy_3copy.jpg
    Sword1Copy_3copy.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Knotty,

Very neat designs. It's lots of work with the pliers. I like all of them.
Have you done any with pearls?

Slraep

You all are so hilarious!! I see a huge baroque pearl in the center of the forehead, and another large tassel of pearls hanging off the sword, please. Creativity and sense of humor must ride n the same gene!!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Slraep said:
Hi Knotty,

Very neat designs. It's lots of work with the pliers. I like all of them.
Have you done any with pearls?

Slraep

So I did with baroque pearls
I am found of steel mixed with gold

Attachments

• gourmette 4perles.jpg
    gourmette 4perles.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 46
Slraep said:
I dream of a chain maille bikini interspersed with pearls. Me & chainmaillle: There should have been a huge pearl of some sort hanging from the chain in the middle of my forehead.

Slraep: Wow! You've got the look! Unfortunately, I know precisely where to go to get that bikini, and a few other unmentionables. What does that say about me? :eek:

As far as the slow current to China goes, try rubber rings. So much more comfortable in certain places.

Cliclasp: Perhaps we need to revamp our itinerary for when you come here LOL. I love your stuff, BTW.

Back to Slraep: A friend of mine has a TO DIE for design. She's in the middle of revamping her site. Let me see if I can get her to let loose of a pic. You will go ga-ga over this.

Last edited:
Hi Knotty,
I thought I recognized the pattern used in your chain and bracelet design. The book I looked it up in calls it the "idiot's delight". "Some people think this chain got its name because it is so easy to make; even an idiot can make it. Others maintain that the name refers to the mental degeneration caused by trying to figure it out." My problem would be the latter, figuring it out.

Dfrey

Byzantine, Idiot's Delight, Birdcage, there's all sort of different names for part of the design, but that particular design is a combination of two weaves, not just the byzantine. The byzantine is visually complex but very simple to weave. There's Persian weaves, Spirals, Japanese, European, Orbital, oh, yeah, and Hybrids. (I knew I was forgetting one.)

If anyone is interested in learning about chain maille, this is a perfect place to start. http://www.mailleartisans.org/index.cgi

knotty panda said:
I know precisely where to go to get that bikini, and a few other unmentionables.

Interdispersed with pearls??

Slraep

Ana, do you think you can photoshop a pearl to the front of my maille head getup?

Slraep

Slraep: I sent you the link. I hope you get it.

---------------------

Yes, Ana, put Elizabeth Taylor's "The Pilgrim" on her head! May as well dream BIG!

knotty panda said:
Slraep: Wow! You've got the look! Unfortunately, I know precisely where to go to get that bikini, and a few other unmentionables. What does that say about me? :eek:

ROFL..... I would be wonderung about wearing the Bakini at the beach.. sand already gets everywhere a tad but a lot can be annoying!!! ICK!!!
and as far as tanlines turn or burn has a new meaning with a bakini.... LOL :eek:

Oh goodness me do not put too big of a pearl on your maile you will knock yourself out before combat....

Doctor: What is the cause of this odd injury???

Slarep: "Knocked self out.....Renegade pearl on chainmaile..."

Cheers

Ash

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the Egyptian collar dripping in pearls, this is a quote from Aislyn regarding her work and her website:

"Proper form for that sort of thing is just to link to the page, this link:

http://urbanmaille.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JPK02

...and tell people to click the 3rd wee photo. *s*

-- Aislyn"

Scroll down about half way until you see 4 "wee" pictures of various embellishments of the design. "Venus Rising" is the 3rd one. If you have a problem finding it, let me know we'll make sure you get there. It really is a very special piece.
---------------------
LOL ... Renegade pearl! But what a way to go! The bikini maker is Silverweaver. Her name is Spyder. She has a degree in structural engineering. Little did she know she would apply that knowledge in this fashion. (Get it, fashion? LOL, sometimes I sleigh me!) Just don't ask how I know all this.

Last edited:
When toy monkeys attack ...

Attachments

• when toy monkeys attack.jpg
    when toy monkeys attack.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 45
Hi Knotty,

Wow, Knotty, small world. I love Urban Maille's website and have ordered from Aislyn before. What great service they hve. The bracelets I have made all got rave reviews and I even have orders from the friends of the people I gave them to because they liked them so much. Great work yourself! The photos look great.

Back