Shout out to all the Beaders...not as easy as it looks!!!

maiakity

Here are some pics of my first (second) project (inspired by a similar design I saw on Etsy). I made one for a special aunt I have, and liked it so much I made myself one. My first one (my aunts) took me almost 5 hours to string! This one took me just over three hours, I had to start over three times becuase the thread kept getting tangled. The teardrop/baroque pearls really have beautiful luster/iridecence I had trouble capturing in the photos. I like how this necklace can be worn several different ways.

I learned a lot doing my aunts necklace and I think I may have to restring it at some point. But I think she will appreciate the effort anyway!
I can see how this can become addicting. I have a bowl full of lovely little pondslime pearls just waiting for my next project! I want to thank all of you experienced beaders for the tutorials you have taken the time to post, they are very helpful!!!

very nice! i'm loving the idea of turquoise with pearls lately, and you just completely inspired me to get to work! love how it looks on you, as well. :)

Thank you both for the compliments! I was wearing my necklace today and my aunt just happened to come up to watch my daughters softball game with us, she couldn't stop complimenting me on my necklace!! Little does she know that hers will likely be showing up in her mailbox tomorrow (I wanted it to be a surprise for her). It's good to know in advance that she will like it :) I do love pearls and turquoise, it's the perfect combination especially for summer!

That's great about your aunt! The necklace is too cute! I've made a lot of turquoise and pearl necklaces - one of those combinations, like pink coral and pearls, that never tires.

Back