Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

Jeg, I liked the B strand too! I'm glad it is in great hands, I mean neck!!! ;)

BAS - I would also be overjoyed to offer your lantern pearl a new home. I am in search of a similar pearl to set the same way.

Thank you so much, Pattye, BAS, Katbran, CathyKeshi and Amti! I think the two strands will be playing together quite a bit!

Amti, the rope was listed as “B” on the launch. I got to the launch a little late and was very excited it was still available because it’s the one I had been eying. Although, I’m sure I would be happy with many of the other choices...

Jeg- both strands together are gorgeous! I wanted "B", but had to settle for "A". Have not received it yet as I asked them to hold it until after the Holidays. I get these packages at work as it is easier for signing, etc., and my office will be closed for several days and didn't want anything returned. I also bought "F "in the second round and I will be comparing both and keeping only the better one. Congratulations on a beautiful purchase!

You give up?

I'm not sure it aged well, but it's from the musical Hair produced in 1979. The "I'm/he's a genius-genius" line always stuck in my head.

At 27 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjZZITvtZHI

Thanks for reminding me of that great song. My parents saw the show on Broadway in 1968 when it came out and then bought the album, which was played over and over in our house, so I grew up learning all the words to all the songs. That and Pippen!

Jeg- both strands together are gorgeous! I wanted "B", but had to settle for "A". Have not received it yet as I asked them to hold it until after the Holidays. I get these packages at work as it is easier for signing, etc., and my office will be closed for several days and didn't want anything returned. I also bought "F "in the second round and I will be comparing both and keeping only the better one. Congratulations on a beautiful purchase!

Thank you so much, 2thdktr! I don’t consider that you are “settling” at all! “A” would normally be my first choice because of the golden green overtones and I go for anything with green. The reason I went with B, was because it has more of the golden apricot overtones, and would be different than my usual choice. I think F will have more that coloring. I hope you love it and I really want to see pictures!

Jeg...all I can say is WOW!!! Such a fabulous pairing! You look magnificent & truly are the Golden Queen. My budget is blown so I will have to wait til next year to get my long strands. Hopefully, PP will do golden ombré strands again in the future.

Thank you so much, 2thdktr! I don’t consider that you are “settling” at all! “A” would normally be my first choice because of the golden green overtones and I go for anything with green. The reason I went with B, was because it has more of the golden apricot overtones, and would be different than my usual choice. I think F will have more that coloring. I hope you love it and I really want to see pictures!

You are right- settling is the wrong word. I admire that you could see the overtones on your computer screen with the original photo that was provided. I appreciated the more closeup photos that were provided the second day for the remaining strands. I do better with the green overtones with my skin, so you are making me more hopeful about A. F also appealed due to the shapes and I liked that the pearls were smaller. When you first showed your matched mixed SS strand that you have recently paired with the ombre strand around Ruckus time, I loved it then.....and asked Erin about purchasing one as well! She said they had all gone back to the vendor and gave me the name of the rep if i was interested, but I didn't pursue it at the time. I love your taste and really enjoy seeing how you wear and pair things-- you help me think about my own pairings, thank you!

That is the sweetest compliment, 2thdktr! :eek:

I could easily be wrong about the overtones, but some of the strands were reading more green to me. I think you can really wear most any color pearl when they are long strands. I find it’s more related to the color clothes I wear since the majority of the strand is against your clothing. It’s the shorter strands that are higher on the neck or closer to your face where the color makes more of a difference. Please post some pictures of your pearls!

86C, I know what you mean about the budget! I wasn’t even expecting to buy anything, and here I am. I have a very short list of things I really wanted, and most of my list was checked off with the sales. I decided to go for it while things were available, but ouch, it’s a lot all at once!

2thdktr, I can’t remember where I posted these photos before, but here are more of the prototype golden SS strand from the Ruckus. The luster is incredible IRL. I’ve never seen anything like it and feel so fortunate to have this strand. Yuan, at PP, knotted it for me right away so I could wear it.

Long Pearl Paradise mixed South Sea strand

Matching pairs throughout-
Matched South Sea pearls within strand from Pearl Paradise

Pearl Paradise South Sea

Jeg- I remember you posting this in a post Ruckus thread and it is gorgeous! I think it is more sophisticated and wearable than the harvest strands. I find I don't wear my harvest strand that often.Though it is only 36", it is heavy and I put it on, look at my self, then take it off! This strand you have is just magnificent. I love all the different overtones of golds, but especially that greeny, pistachioy pair. I love the green golds, too. Thanks for reposting it.

That is a gorgeous piece! The symmetry is just amazing.

Jeg, your proto G & WSS rope is splendid!! I just love the look & how it looks paired with the GSS ombre strand!!

Were the larger golden ombres ($3600) offered yet? I only saw the 9-9.9mm listed and there seem to be only two of those left. Is that the last of the private launch items or will more be offered? Thanks.

Rikitea tahitians ready to go!

-- shout out to another family member for gifting me the ability to do the 'edgeless wrapping' stuff.

6D7BF0A9-6362-496D-90D9-5C668B7D0EB1.jpg

Back