Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

CBPearllover and 86Corvettegirl, your new blue pearls are very lovely!

IMG_2716.JPGIMG_2715.JPG I received this ginormous fireball from Kojima yesterday. I'm kind of light in the pendant department and I think I'll enjoy wearing this. It's approx. 33mm x 22 mm.

Last edited:
Amazing! I can't wait to see that at home. Such wonders!

Removing the phone photos, and redoing them from my laptop.

Colors are off. The ombre' keshi rope is much more colorful in person. Very metallic. Nests well with the Everything Bagel and the long tin-cup from Kojima. Also the pistachio akoyas from PP and Mom's SS earrings, Lily Pad ring.

fullsizeoutput_a07.jpg
fullsizeoutput_a02.jpg
fullsizeoutput_a04.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Haha are you all sick and tired of seeing my ripple + edison set? So sorry but I'm totally a feast/famine type of wearer. When I like specific pieces (applies to both clothes and jewelry), I wear it to the ground, then move on to the next set and (temporarily) forget about the prior one.
Still riding on my ripple + edison set so wearing it AGAIN today. Wearing a beige sweater so rotated the medium bronze strand to the front and the dark-multi strand at the back!

PP Edison with ripple strand
IMG_7893.jpg

Nope, we're not tired of them at all, Purr!!!

I do the same thing. I wear certain pearls over and over and then rediscover some I'd forgotten about, and then wear those over and over, lather rinse repeat.

My burgundy edisons turned up two days ahead of schedule. I am a little torn over them. They are very pretty and even my male boss raved when I tried them on at work, but they don’t look burgundy to me. Purple with copper overtones or even rose gold is more what I see. Lovely though that is, I expected a cranberry/wine colored body. Really not sure what I want to do.
C30C4BEE-FF86-418C-9B9C-CC006AA99F85.jpg
32733ED2-5339-4573-B720-0A47A91FDE8A.jpg
44932481-0503-4C19-910B-AC5F71BB1AF9.jpg
0F0E124B-771D-4E32-AB80-6B6EF4479AE7.jpg

Hmmm, my suggestion is to place them on a white paper towel./Kleenex where you will see them in the morning. For me, that's my computer desk. Completely different time of day, mood and lighting. See what your reaction to seeing them is in the morning. Live with them for a few days in different lighting and locations. They may not be what you expected, but you may fall in love with them. If not -- simply return! Someone else will be happy with them. I'd love to see more neck shots on another day.

I find I always have to sleep on it (not wear them to sleep, but think about them in my sleep). Then look at them in the morning under natural lighting. Then if I'm still not in love, they go back. It took me several orders and returns to various vendors before I found Tahitians and Ripples that I really liked.

I just restrung my new ripples from Pacific Pearl tonight, and I'm even more in love with them now. The photo color is off because I'm under old lightbulbs. The pearls are on a white paper towel.

Before restringing. They were on some sort of quadrupled thick white cotton cord with a small gold orbit clasp.

fullsizeoutput_a0c.jpg

I was torn between Taupe (on the left) or Rose (on the right) Beader's secret in size 20 (the heavy weight thread). Taupe was the safe choice, so I strung them on Rose.

fullsizeoutput_a0f.jpg

It took me two tries, because one of the knots loosened up immediately after I was done with my first stringing. At least big pearls go fast when knotting because there are fewer knots.

After knotting on Rose, with a larger orbit clasp. My knots are smaller than before, but the clasp is longer, so the necklace now nests perfectly with my other ripples.

fullsizeoutput_a10.jpg

I think I may use the small orbit clasp on my new keshi rope, because I'm not 100% in love with the hook clasp that is on it. Plus, I feel I want the knots on the keshi rope to be Rose colored, too.

Last edited:
Beautiful knotting/stringing job. You are right-looked messy and disproportionate before-- now-- harmonious. You have an artist's eye. It was fortunate you could see what the necklace COULD be.

I did my best to turn and color correct Aerinha's neck shot, and I color corrected the ripples from Bweaves as best I could so everyone could look at them on the paper towel a little more accurately -- I hope that's OK with everyone. :)

Aerinhaburgundy.jpg

Ripples:

Bweavesripples.jpg

And, lastly, gorgeous pearls! I really do like the burgundy strand.

Awesome job with the restringing, BW. I love it with the rose thread!!

Aerinha, take a couple of days to test them out. They are a pretty strand.

Thank God you weren't upstairs! :( I'm so glad you weren't hurt, this gives me even more peace knowing I did the right thing.

Thank you. Yes, better safe than sorry. With the speed of an Olympic sprinter, I was able to grab my dog, my phone, and get out the door in exactly 2.3 seconds!

Back