Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

I find I always have to sleep on it (not wear them to sleep, but think about them in my sleep). Then look at them in the morning under natural lighting. Then if I'm still not in love, they go back. It took me several orders and returns to various vendors before I found Tahitians and Ripples that I really liked.

I just restrung my new ripples from Pacific Pearl tonight, and I'm even more in love with them now. The photo color is off because I'm under old lightbulbs. The pearls are on a white paper towel.

Before restringing. They were on some sort of quadrupled thick white cotton cord with a small gold orbit clasp.

View attachment 64045

I was torn between Taupe (on the left) or Rose (on the right) Beader's secret in size 20 (the heavy weight thread). Taupe was the safe choice, so I strung them on Rose.

View attachment 64046

It took me two tries, because one of the knots loosened up immediately after I was done with my first stringing. At least big pearls go fast when knotting because there are fewer knots.

After knotting on Rose, with a larger orbit clasp. My knots are smaller than before, but the clasp is longer, so the necklace now nests perfectly with my other ripples.

View attachment 64047

I think I may use the small orbit clasp on my new keshi rope, because I'm not 100% in love with the hook clasp that is on it. Plus, I feel I want the knots on the keshi rope to be Rose colored, too.

Great job! I’m glad you went with the rose! That would have been my choice too! Your pearls are beautiful :)

BWeaves, your restrung ripples look great. The larger clasp is a better look. Also, you new keshi necklace is wonderful!

aerinha, your new necklace is very pretty. However, I understand about the color. Based on the pictures so far, they are not the color I expected to see from the listing.

Andrew: Thank you for the color correction. The pearls look great, but the clasps look white. They're actually yellow. But it's better to correct for the color of the pearls.

Also, now that I've restrung on Beader's Secret, the drape of the necklace is better, too. It was stiff before.

Aerinha! I think your burgundy strand is beautiful, AND it is very multi-toned, which I personally prefer. But yes it's all about individual personal preferences when it comes to pearls! Definitely sleep on it for a few days then decide. And if you decide not to keep it, please give the PG ladies first dibs and see if anyone wants to adopt lol! BTW, your hair looks great!

BWeaves - I love the restring outcome! Definitely brings the strand to another level, and looking forward to seeing the Keshi restring with the smaller orbit clasp. Quick question - so you are finding that the heavier beader secret to hold up well with the heavy ripples? So far I've been stringing my ripples on soft flex and have not attempted to string them on beaders secret and am curious to know. Thank you! :)

Sorry for the maybe not-so-correct color correcting. :) I always correct to make the background neutral (paper towel), because indoor lighting usually makes 'em yellow!

Awesome purchases, everyone :)

Purr, I love the ripples & Edison combination! The jade accompanies the pearls perfectly!! Great look!

Purr: Yes, the heavy weight Beader's Secret is great. I prefer to string and knot with a doubled strand, so when the holes are larger, the thicker thread works great. If I try to triple or quadruple the medium weight, I just get frustrated while knotting. The thicker version is worth it.

Andrew: My lighting is old school. Very yellow. So to correct the pearl color, the clasps were inevitably going to wash out to white. Thank you!

I'm wearing my new ripples and the keshi rope today, and they look amazing together. But I keep losing the keshis. The hook and eye keeps undoing itself. I'm going to restring the keshis tonight with the small orbit clasp from the ripples. I know I could send the necklace back to Sarah and she'd do it for me, but I'm far away and I want it done right now. And I like stringing pearls, so it's fun anyway.

BWeaves - I love the restring with Rose !! They look fabulous ... such amazing colours... you can stare at ripples and practically hypnotise yourself watching the colours shift around. And the combination with the Keshi would be beautiful.

On the clasp issue.. I have always found that with lightweight necklaces , toggles and hooks are a bit tricky and the necklace doesn't have enough weight to keep the tension on the clasp. However, it's possible the the hook needs to be pinched closed a bit more ?

I have something Akoya on the way from PP, from the "pick any item for a bit of an extra discount" week... Going to keep everyone in suspense until it gets here and I can take photos. :)

I like the newer stringing too, BW. Good choice on string color.

Andrew, you sure you don't need any more moms? I think we gals are all just a wee jealous of your mom and we don't even know her. lol Maybe you can give our kids some buying lessons? ;)

BWeaves - I love the restring with Rose !! They look fabulous ... such amazing colours... you can stare at ripples and practically hypnotise yourself watching the colours shift around. And the combination with the Keshi would be beautiful.

On the clasp issue.. I have always found that with lightweight necklaces , toggles and hooks are a bit tricky and the necklace doesn't have enough weight to keep the tension on the clasp. However, it's possible the the hook needs to be pinched closed a bit more ?

Yeah, I did pinch the hook closed a bit more, but it didn't help. It's not just this hook. All hooks do this to me.

On the plus side. While I'm restringing, I get to really oogle each pearl individually under magnification. They're all spectacular.

I ordered one of the Edison bronze strands. The colors are very interesting and vibrant. The luster is great!

However, it has a pearl in the front with a nacre issue that really bothers me. It is visible in the pictures (the blemish faces a knot); I don't know if it is visible when worn. The cloudy weather wouldn't let me catch any good neck shots yesterday.

Here is a representative picture of color and luster.

IMG_7260 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I ordered one of the Edison bronze strands. The colors are very interesting and vibrant. The luster is great!

However, it has a pearl in the front with a nacre issue that really bothers me. It is visible in the pictures (the blemish faces a knot); I don't know if it is visible when worn. The cloudy weather wouldn't let me catch any good neck shots yesterday.

View attachment 64111

Hey Annie! I've actually discovered similar blemish situation on my medium bronze strand and am trying to decide if it bothers me enough. At least like you said the blemishes are knot facing, and for my strand the blemishes are on the side pearls and not in the middle focal section. Can you circle/point to the blemish on your strand? A bit hard to spot!

You tease, you.

LOL! What can I say? ;)

I like the newer stringing too, BW. Good choice on string color.

Andrew, you sure you don't need any more moms? I think we gals are all just a wee jealous of your mom and we don't even know her. lol Maybe you can give our kids some buying lessons? ;)

Haha! Send 'em my way - maybe Mom and I can make it out to a ruckus someday, so I can go more broke, I mean, meet everyone. :)

Re: burgundy strand. The colors are very interesting! FWIW, I only saw two small blemishes from your photo -- one on a pearl at top right, and one more bottom center. I like it. I totally get "mind clean," but also it's not something I'd ever even see had you not pointed it out.

One's tolerance for natural "flaws" in pearls is completely personal.

I lovingly call one of us on here a "Luster Whor#" (the way this website is set up, I can't type the word fully). I, myself, love a clean skin. Some want perfect roundness. Or intensely deep color saturation.

If anything about a strand is displeasing, I'd recommend sending it back because someone else will fall in love with it. Trying to overlook something personally irritating doesn't work for me.

The colors in that strand are fascinating and beautiful. And the luster is gorgeous. But if your eye is always going to go to the natural "imperfection"...

Calling Pattye! Pattye would you please recommend some color options for each of the crazy edison categories? Bronze burgundy and purple? Thank you in advance!

Purr, just catching up here; I'll review this thread and the Edisons and see what colors might work. Just got a new computer on line, after weeks of frustration with the old one, so YAY for me! Early Christmas pressie!

View attachment 64111

My burgundy strand had at least three pearls with hazy patches is the best I can describe it. I first thought there was something dried on them. For the price, the spots coupled with them being mauve more than burgundy had me sending them back. If they cost less I might have lived with it but for almost $1200 I just wasn’t having it.

Back