Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

Wonderful photos! I always like fireballs drilled on the tail side. It reminds me so much of a comet, which I love.

After the post on the VIP page today, I can't wait to see what some might be picking up!

BAS, I like your new beauty tail up, but you really can’t go wrong with that lovely. Are you planning on some fancy setting or diamonds, or just keeping it simple?

Thanks for the photos BAS , I knew there were some beauties in here but honestly couldn't remember which way they went. Looks like every which way ! I just did the first one and as ennui suggested I let the pearl decide. I asked and it said 'spank me ' so it was a tail drill ! It's a very large long White Fireball ... tail seemed the best option. But I can see that my shorter tails could easily go either way.

Haha the last bronze edison strand from the 2nd edison batch just went and it was NOT me! sitting very hard on my hands...

That was me. I usually lurk and ogle all the eye candy, which has been very bad for my wallet. One of these days I will post pictures of my modest collection. Anyway, I've been wanting a strand of deeply colored Edisons (among other things) for a while now, so I caved and got the last one. I also got a strand of the Vietnamese blues -- was sorry I missed the chance to get two matching ones to make a rope.

I would think the drilling would need to be where the pearl hangs in the most balanced mode.

I was also thinking side drilled so it looked like a fish or a comet.

I would think the drilling would need to be where the pearl hangs in the most balanced mode.

I was also thinking side drilled so it looked like a fish or a comet.

I don't think I've ever seen side drilled. I'd love to see an example!

That was me. I usually lurk and ogle all the eye candy, which has been very bad for my wallet. One of these days I will post pictures of my modest collection. Anyway, I've been wanting a strand of deeply colored Edisons (among other things) for a while now, so I caved and got the last one. I also got a strand of the Vietnamese blues -- was sorry I missed the chance to get two matching ones to make a rope.

OOOHHHH Congrats and welcome to the Edison "pod" lol! And PP do get Vietnamese Blues from time to time so there will be other specials/opportunities to grab another one to make a rope!

And please post pics when your strands arrive! My strands will arrive later than most as I'm sorting out clasp situations!

I LOooVE seeing those fireballs, BAS! Each one so unique in its loveliness.

Noramcd, welcome to PG! I hope you do share pics of your collection; we all enjoy seeing them:)

IMG_2634.jpgIMG_2667.JPG

The bracelet I ordered during the pre-launch arrived today. I was so excited when I opened the box -- the pearls are a near match to the necklace I bought during the Tahitian sale. Screen shot of PP's photo of the bracelet during the pre-launch, and a photo I took on my front porch. The color is actually somewhere between the two photos. HOWEVER, the bracelet barely fits around my wrist and I would never be able to get it on and off, and when I called PP this afternoon, I was told that they measure from one end of the clasp to the other end of the clasp and don't take into consideration the length lost when the clasp is engaged. I thought maybe I could restring them onto an orbit clasp and gain another 15 or so mm, but when I looked again at the photo of the bracelet from PP, the one I was sent is 3 pearls shorter. I'm so disappointed, but I think it will just have to back since it isn't what I thought I was buying.

Parrot Lady, that's a shame. Bracelets are tricky. But if it doesn't look like the photo of what you thought you bought and it doesn't fit, I agree, send it back.

The bracelet I ordered during the pre-launch arrived today. I was so excited when I opened the box -- the pearls are a near match to the necklace I bought during the Tahitian sale. Screen shot of PP's photo of the bracelet during the pre-launch, and a photo I took on my front porch. The color is actually somewhere between the two photos. HOWEVER, the bracelet barely fits around my wrist and I would never be able to get it on and off, and when I called PP this afternoon, I was told that they measure from one end of the clasp to the other end of the clasp and don't take into consideration the length lost when the clasp is engaged. I thought maybe I could restring them onto an orbit clasp and gain another 15 or so mm, but when I looked again at the photo of the bracelet from PP, the one I was sent is 3 pearls shorter. I'm so disappointed, but I think it will just have to back since it isn't what I thought I was buying.

Just curious if you by chance mentioned that the pictured bracelet was 3 pearls longer? Most of the items are photographed as the item you receive, so that's odd. Maybe they sent you the wrong bracelet, by chance?

View attachment 63582View attachment 63583

ParrotLady, I may be wrong, but could it be that they sent you the incorrect bracelet? I would call them and show them both photos for comparison.

Was the bracelet photo a representative photo, being used for multiple bracelets?

3 pearls shorter is a lot. :eek:

I'm curious as to how long it is? Can you lay it next to a ruler? For that size pearls I'm thinking about 14 are needed for a bracelet.

The bracelet was a one-of and was described as being 7.5", and it is 7.5" from one end of the clasp to the opposite end of the clasp, but when you seat the clasp it shortens the length a bit. Since my wrist measures at 6.25", I never dreamed a 7.5" bracelet would be too short. I tried it on and got the hook part attached, but just couldn't push it in to lock it. After measuring the bracelet clasp vs. the medium orbit clasp on another bracelet, I think it will be fine if I re-knot it and use an orbit clasp, or add a bead on either side of the clasp. Since its existing clasp is 14k, I'll use it on another necklace. The pearls are very nice and I don't want to return them and take thenrisk of them not having matching pearls to add to it. Always a learning experience and an opportunity to practice knotting. I am disappointed by the discrepancy between the photo and the actual product, though.

Back