Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

Here's a side-to-side-drilled, at-the-top of the comet.

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
IMG_0783.JPG
Here's an overhead shot.
Amazing drilling, isn't it?

Last edited:
Red, your strand is deliciously yummy!!! In fact, both strands are!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous T's!!

Red - Those cherry T's have long been a favourite necklace for me ... the colour is beautiful with great lustre. And the Whoppers... they truly have wonderful colour and lustre on those big ones.. as you know once they get up around 15mm they can get just a bit less sharp . That's a great strand... I mentioned before that I was giving that one a hard look. :)

LisaC - great examples. Drilling through the tail always gives me a bit of trepidation... it's so easy for the tail to chip . Plus just finding the right spot where it's thick enough and still looks balanced.

Red, very nice neck shot comparison. The luster. Oh, the luster...

lisa c -- very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa, those comets are great. How are they going to be strung or set?

View attachment 63684View attachment 63685I just received my Tahitian bracelet today and regretfully the same thing happened with mine as with Parrot Lady. It is clearly different than the one pictured, and has only twelve pearls not fifteen as shown.
I’m surprised and disappointed that this happened.
I’m curious Parrot Lady, did you find out if the wrong bracelet was sent?

Starfish, Pearl Paradise emailed me yesterday after hearing my complaint here and explained that there were two bracelets made out of one necklace and that the photo was representative. (Although I think it needs to be accurate). They said they would be happy to match and add another pearl. Give them a call and talk to them about a solution. I had a 31mm orbit clasp on hand and some grey Beader's Secret so I re-knotted the bracelet today and it added enough length to fit comfortably and get on and off easily.

Starfish, also looks like your pearls are a quite a bit larger than the ones in the photo. So it would have been longer than stated if it had had the same number of pearls as in the photo. Good feedback from Parrot Lady!

- Karin

Red- I LOVE your new Tahitian strand! It looks great with your loot 2 strand, as well as on it’s own. Hope your recovery is going well, but what a good reason to sit around and play with your pearls!

BTW -- it's so nice seeing strands going to homes that can truly appreciate them. Like Red's appreciation of the "historic" (in the pearl subculture) interest and original intent of her newest strand of Tahitians. That strand looks so much more beautiful on your neck than in the glamour shot.

Red that big new Tahitian strand looks wonderful on you ... it has it all ... colors, luster, fascinating shapes and sentimental value ... it’s found it’s heart home :)

Pretty amazing drilling, a good eye, nerves of steel! I'd give credit if I knew to whom!

Bweaves, no ideas yet, probably a pendant. Or just incorporated into a necklace...except I like being able to switch things around at will. I have a 3rd; supposed to be one for each sister, but my sisters were "meh, no offense, but not my thing".

That's ok, no problem (although SERIOUSLY??? Who doesn't love pearls? Or pearl angels? Weird.)

Last edited:
Lisa c, I’m alway shocked when I hear about people’s indifference to pearls. They’re pearl blind!

My 9.5-10mm white baroque akoya strand arrived and I’m thrilled with it! Luster, overtones, surface quality all top notch. It is one of the happiest pearl purchases I’ve made!

Short backstory. Three years ago PP had a special on 9.5-10mm white baroque akoya. I bought 2 and had them strung so that they could be worn as a double strand. They’re gorgeous and I love them but they’re slightly different colors. Not noticeable to me at first but once I saw it, I couldn’t un-see it and it irked me. One is cream and the other has strong pink overtones. I bought this VIP strand in the hopes that it would be a match and it is! It matches the pink strand AND nests perfectly!

Lots of pictures.

Beautiful strand of white baroque akoya pearls

My Pearl Paradise baroque akoya up close

Wearing PP Baroque akoya pearl strand

863EDBD4-FCD5-4956-ABF4-203F67AC9279.jpg

Here it is with the other 2 strands: cream on left, new strand center, pink overtone one on right.
Comparing Pearl Paradise baroque akoya overtones

Closer view: cream left, new strand center, pink right.
Baroque akoya overtones

Cream left, new strand (shiny clasp) and pink strand getting frisky.
Different baroque akoya overtones from Pearl Paradise

The two strands that match. New one is innermost.
Pearl Paradise baroque akoya strands worn together

All three just for fun.
Three baroque akoya strands worn together

Good one, BabyNurse, pearl-blind!

Oooooooooooh, would you look at those pearls you just posted! Oooooooh....wow. Quiet Reverence.

Last edited:
OH, BN!! I'm so happy you found a match!! Those are fantastic!! The luster is breathtaking! They look fabulous on you!! I am just awestruck!! I have been so bitten by the 9.5-10mm Akoya strand bug!! I was disappointed when they sold out on PP. I cannot get over how gorgeous you strand is!!!

Back