September Pearl Paradise Tahitians

Pareltje your new pearls are stunning! I love the gold tones. So special.

Here are the photos I received from Erin! I love the shapes and luster but I've gone back to Erin with some questions regarding colour. I really want my strand to appear silver (not grey) in most lights - particularly in the office and in indirect natural light. And I get so delighted by pretty overtones so I've asked Erin for her opinion on that.

What do you think??

Tahitian strand shot in various lighting
Tahitian strand shot in various lighting additional
Tahitian strand shot in various lighting showing colors

I've tried to reduce the cast on my iPhone, not perfect but the first two photos are definitely less blue now and the third less yellow.

Tahitian strand shot in various lighting camera adjusted

Tahitian strand shot in various lighting camera adjusted

My finished full strand of Tahitian pearls

Luguna - good luck with your custom project and communication with John. Can't wait to see what you make! Also just as an FYI, there are lots of white baby strands left!

hanadama, I think the strand is gorgeous and would definitely appear to be silver, not grey. I wouldn't hope for overtones too much though - I guess it will be mirror-silver, like a tinted mirror colour. Gorgeous. I'm still looking at their bigger silver strands - as I'm not a fan of white tahitians, I even pick them out from multicolour strands - and I like them because of that silvery (not grey) tone. But unfortunately silver tones look dull against my skin tone, that's the only thing that stopped me.

I did speak to John on the phone today - seems nice and careful, a bit confused with my requests, but optimistic)) let's see if we can proceed now faster to the finish :)

Thank you all! I'm keeping the strand!

Erin got back to me and confirmed that the strand appears silver against the skin and although the overtones are subtle, they are noticeable. She said that the overall uniform overtone is silver but on closer inspection there are lots of subtle golds, cherries, teals and greens.

So excited to see this strand!

Yeah. I'm glad you found a strand you like. Neck shots when u get them.

Pareltje neck shots too. Interesting to see the colours and shape.

Pareltje- Very interesting strand. Do we get neck shots? :cool:

Hanadama- Ooh, get them!!!

can I wear silvery gold Tahitians or not? Does it suit my complexion?
Still have some tan from my holiday.
What do you think, ladies, can I wear silvery gold Tahitians or not? I mean, does it suit my complexion?

Hanadama, I concur with the ladies, neckshot when you get yours please.

They look beautiful on you, Pareltje. With the variation in overtones, they should look great with a lot of different colors too!

They look beautiful on you, Pareltje. With the variation in overtones, they should look great with a lot of different colors too!

Thank you, Marianne... I'm still trying to figure out which Tahitian colors are best for my complexion :)

Very interesting colors and yes, I think they're a good choice with your coloring because there's plenty of contrast between your skin color and the pearl color. In my opinion, what's not a good match is when the pearls and skintone are too close in color, then the pearls just kind of fade away rather than standing out. That strand is really different. I wish I could see it in person. :)

Paraltje Looks great on you. It is so interesting. It glows beautifully.

Sea Urchin and Kalmen 22 thank you for your kind words ladies :) that's very encouraging for me.
Sea Urchin, they are really interesting pearls IRL, their colors change from silver, pistachio, gold depending on the lighting. They look gold in full sun and silvery pistachio in shade

Pareltje they look gorgeous on you!! They compliment your colouring very well.

Parentheses, I think those pearls are lovely, and look great on you ... the colors are wonderful with your coloring :)

Thank you Hanadama, Cathy for your lovely words.... I look forward to see your necklace IRL Hanadama. I was eyeing that one too but decided to grab the one I have now.

Silver Baby Tahitians all together

Today, I'm wearing my three strands of silver baby Tahitians attached together. Fifty four inches in all. The inner most strand was described as white/blue. However, except for being marginally a little more blue, it is very silver. Maybe my eyes do not quite take in the finer details of pearl colors. I love them worn as a rope. I also think the matte clasps blend in.

Apologies, Pareltje ... iPad autocorrect changed your name to Parenthesis on my last post and I didn't catch it! I had it turned off, and had to reboot the software, and it's baaaack :(

Back