Semi Baroque Edisons

CatMom

I have some mixed semi-baroque Edisons to string. I'm not sure what color to call them, lol. The clasp will be a 14kt yellow gold ball clasp. I'm trying to decide what color thread to use. If you were stringing these what color would you use?

1706968631713.jpeg

1706968714089.jpeg

SO pretty, CatMom!!!!! I second the vote for rose Serafil :) It's my color of choice for multicolor pearls that have a lot of pink/magenta/mauve overtones.

Yes, Rose is a lovely versatile color! Amber might be fun, too! Maybe take a few pearls and knot up with each color. Baby is probably too light.
These are some lovely pearls, CatMom!
Thanks pattye! If what I already bought doesn't work I will try the rose.

I totally agree, both strands are gorgeous Pearl Dreams, but oh man that top strand!

CatMom, what pretty pearls! You've gotten great advice from the best of the best here :) I'm wondering if it might help you to decide, if you hold your pearls up to some of the clothing you are wanting to wear the pearls with, to see if there are particular colors you want to bring out? For example, warmer colors like coral versus cooler pinks ... one tone might work better with your favorite tops/dresses etc.? Maybe not, just a thought about really pretty pearls :)

Pearl Dreams ... that string of soft clouds .... just dreamy!

I like the idea of holding the pearls up to clothing you would wear them with.

Also-- don't be afraid to buy several colors of thread and experiment! You don't have to string the whole strand to see what color of thread you prefer. Just knot up a few pearls in one color, a few in another color and see which color thread you prefer. Then cut them apart and knot up the actual necklace.

Thank you CathyKeshi and Pearl Dreams! I have 4 different colors currently on order, lol and may order more if those don't work out. I would like to pull out more of the bronzy/coppery/golden colors and less the pinky/peach colors. Right now I have gold, coral, bronze and taupe coming. I really like the coral color but it may be too strong. We will see.

Back