Revisiting Carved Pearls - Kojima Pearl - POTW

GemGeek

Pearlista
Please see our article here for more photos and the original JCK article link.

carved duo 1.jpg

Enjoy,
Blaire

Whether I like carved pearls really depends on the beauty of the particular pearl and the carving. My concern is that we're looking at blowup photos of these pearls, but in real life, we'll be looking at something the size of my pinky fingernail from a distance. If it doesn't look amazing from a distance then it doesn't do anything for me. However, it is a great way to save a less than perfect pearl. Those two in the photo are gorgeous.

Last edited:
I too am not a huge fan of carved pearls...that said, these are really pretty and that strand of fully carved Tahitians is something you don't see every day! Congratulations to Sarah for the feature in JCK, and thank you for sharing your wonderful designs with us! BTW, I really like the Peace necklace...the inner flower child in me.

I think carved Tahitians are one way to get guys into black pearls. I really like the "True" Islander carved pearls, nothing quite like the heart put into it.

I am quite fond of my carved Kamoka pearl bracelet. The orient and carving on this pearl combine to make a piece that I find constantly enchanting.

CarvedKamoka_1388.jpg

Red, that one is gorgeous. I'd be staring at it all day if it was on my wrist, too.

I saw the Galeta carved pearl with the diamond when visiting California. When I had it my hand looking at it, my first thought was 'why destroy a perfectly good Pearl?' I understand the attempt to save a Pearl with good nacre but with many blemishes. The Pearl with the diamond, it was the diamond that caught my eye. Little of the Pearl remained after so much of the Pearl was carved out. These newer pearls that are carved at least reveal the color and hues. I personnally would prefer a gorgeous hybrid Pearl that Jeremy was so proud to show.

Red, that is a cool pearl. I would want to wear that a lot, too! :)

Thank you for your kind comments, Frost Me, BWeaves, newberry, and GemGeek. Just pulling this pretty out to wear over the holiday weekend.

See you at the end of July! :)

Red, that is really a lovely bracelet, and a mesmerizing pearl! See you in July !!!!!!!!

Same here, Cathy. Looking forward to seeing you, Walter, and your special pieces.

Back