Red Carpet Ready

If you don't know about this public faux pas - Fashion Police were commenting on guests at the Oscars last year and Rancic commented about the long dreadlocks that Zendaya wore that evening. I thought she looked stunning in a beautiful white dress and long dreds. Rancic said in commenting about her hair "probably smells like patchouli oil" or "weed." She later apologised .

Those Yoko pieces are absolutely amazing! Such beautiful designs. That is some serious pearl jewellery.

I totally agree..the pearls are lost with that dress ... but again...gorgeous necklace !
Katbran, I was completely shocked that Guiliana would have said something so idiotic and mean...I was, however, never a fan of hers...although I loved watching Joan Rivers on FP...and I always thought Kelly Osbourne seemed lovely.

Do you remember the Wolf head and tahitian pearls necklace I created? It has (had I've redesigned it into something else now) two clips that can clip between beads/or pearls to add to a necklace, very similar to look of the pearl station necklace in the picture.

I was thinking for people that might look the look, they could use similar findings for their "tin-cup" style necklaces. Makes the piece more versatile.

What a shame those 2 pearl necklaces are totally camouflaged by the dress.

Katbran and Amti- I didn't mean to relive that whole episode (sorry folks).

I just remember some of the controversy and thinking this girl is so young, I read some of the SM feedback, I can't believe people can be so cruel.

JP- I've always loved JR. She was snarky but not overly cruel. I recently found a bunch of youtube vids of her called "In Bed with Joan Rivers"...its the first time I've laughed in weeks! Kelly was on it was really refreshing seeing them together.

I miss Joan Rivers. Does anyone remember that huge Peridot necklace and earrings set she wore on the red carpet? It was part of a Royal parure...can't remember the name of the family at the moment. (See how I got myself back on topic lol a rare feat)

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how mean some people can get. I should be used to it by now. She's such a gorgeous girl and looks very classy in all the outfits BPD posted.

I'm not too sure what to think of all that busyness in the second group of shots, but do agree the necklaces don't match the dress. I do like the necklaces though.

Karin- I've not been around much so I don't know if you've been back a bit more, but it is really good to see you posting. How is Ida doing?

She is a Disney Channel star. Ida knows her well :)

- Karin

Last edited:
Totally agree...but I love the pairing of the necklaces with the very simple earrings.

I agree with the dress being too busy for the jewelry. But I think the earrings get totally lost in the look, maybe it's her fair skin and blonde hair, but I don't even notice them, which too out of scale with everything else.

Last edited:
She's a beauty; I'd love to see the whole dress, front and back!

Totally agree. I want to see that entire outfit! I like the off-shoulder look, I think she pulls it off perfectly. ...hmm, I wonder if those pearls are detachable from the dress?

For those that were curious this is as close to front and back I could find:

B Zendaya-Chrysalis-Butterfly-Ball-2017-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Mario-Dice-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-5.jpg A Zendaya-Chrysalis-Butterfly-Ball-2017-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Mario-Dice-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-8.jpg

Yes, it has a uniqueness to it and I find it rather sexy without revealing anything. Now admit it, who here wants to fix the strands so they lay right?

Do you remember the Wolf head and tahitian pearls necklace I created? It has (had I've redesigned it into something else now) two clips that can clip between beads/or pearls to add to a necklace, very similar to look of the pearl station necklace in the picture.

I was thinking for people that might look the look, they could use similar findings for their "tin-cup" style necklaces. Makes the piece more versatile.

I remember the necklace! Please share the remake! You know we're always eager to find new ways to wear our pearls!

I love Zendaya's dress. Like others have said, the pearls are likely faux, but doesn't it give you a wonderful fantasy of dripping with pearls?

So, about the second set of pics, with the busy print. If you were this actress's stylist, how would yoy accessorize that dress on her?

I would choose no necklace at all, and dangly earrings of a variety of possible types: either pistachio (sp?) or peacock Tahitians, maybe just WSSP (though this is my least favorite of those I'm listing) or pink sapphires or citrine (non-pearls, I know). But whatever, I would choose monochromatic and a color that matches one in the dress. Maybe I'm boring, but that's what I'd choose.

I love her current earrings; however, I think something else would look better with her dress, especially if you removed her current necklace.

Last edited:
Sonam Kapoor, I've always thought she has such a radiant smile.

sonamssss.jpg

Sonam Kapoor 2.jpg

Hum, digs out silk sari and starts stringing a pearl bandolier.

Oh my but that's gorgeous (the pearls and Sonam).

I agree, she is just beautiful.
Many years ago I had the pleasure of seeing a suite of jewelry similar to this in 22kt and small cultured & natural pearls. It was part of a wedding dowry for an elderly woman...sadly the great grand children were not into pearls and wanted to sell. I was only looking at 10-15 pieces, the kids said these are only some of the pieces, there were still silk bags of bangles and earrings, a belt and some clips they thought were for shoes, and a few other things they were not sure of. By their descriptions I suspect they were pendant attachments and brooches. I have yet see such intricate and finely detailed high karat jewelry like those pieces.

Oh my but that's gorgeous (the pearls and Sonam).

Lovely. Exquisite. The pearls appear like a white mink hugging her arms. The graduated pearls, the way they hang is so CoCo Chanel. The earrings are nice but they don't match the cream pearls . Who is the designer?

Back