Red Carpet Ready

BlackPearlDudeDC

Every so often I see "pearls" on the red carpet used to add some interesting element to the dress. I thought you might enjoy this picture :

Zendaya at the Butterfly Ball:

zendaya-coleman-at-16th-annual-chrysalis-butterfly-ball-in-los-angeles-06-03-2017_4.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the naked shoulder look that's so in right now, because I think it makes the boob and waist area look very wide, but PEARLS!!! I can get behind this look. I bet they're the plastic faux pearl variety, because otherwise that halter is going to be heavy.

I'm curious about her earrings, too. They definitely have movement.

I'm not a huge fan of the naked shoulder look that's so in right now, because I think it makes the boob and waist area look very wide, but PEARLS!!! I can get behind this look. I bet they're the plastic faux pearl variety, because otherwise that halter is going to be heavy.

I'm curious about her earrings, too. They definitely have movement.

BWeaves, you crack me up...I don't think she has to worry about the boob/waist ratio the same way we have to...I fear it's an age thing.

It's nice to see someone with petite breasts for a change. :)

I'm not crazy about the dress either. But who ever she is, she's beautiful! And GemGeek, you crack me up!

She is a Disney Channel star. Ida knows her well :)

- Karin

Hi everyone, personally I think she looks very pretty in this dress to be so young. I used to get alerts for YOKO London, Utopia, Belpearl and things related to their jewelry. I think she is wearing a few different Yoko London earrings over time.

For those that asked I found a couple closer up shots of the earrings (still not very close though sorry and I don't know the designer):

4115733E00000578-4570262-image-m-160_1496557992584.jpg

Zendaya-Chrysalis-Butterfly-Ball-2017-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Mario-Dice-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-1.jpg

I did not know much about her (She is an actress and singer, mostly disney channel stuff I think) until some controversy occurred over fashion critics disparaging her hair in the past. Then mattel made a Barbie doll in her likeness celebrating "locs" (but this is really old news now):

zendaya_barbie_ooak_headshot_1_3a0520298bb8a09380bd6681f8e3805a.today-inline-large.jpg
imrs.php.jpeg
o-ZENDAYA-facebook.jpg

I noticed she often wears pearls with her red carpet fashion:

rehost-2016-12-9-d56ddf4f-ac16-45a6-84ce-355ea6089172.jpg

Yoko London Earrings:

59116c9c8de45d5428d492f30206eea3.jpg
fa4c81cd07443c650dca36c191f0d790.jpg

More Yoko London Pearl looks:

Zendaya_Hollywood-Celebrities-Le-Vian-Jewlery-Yoko-London-Pearls-Hearts-on-Fire-Diamonds-Beverly.jpg
zendaya-sleeves-08nov16-08.jpg

***a little disclaimer I often search images for educational purposes for styling trends in fashion and more particularly jewelry.

Last edited:
Is that who said it? I don't think I remember that, it is a bit surprising to me :-(. There was a stylist I used to follow that was commenting on it but I never really looked too deep into it, but I discovered Zendaya's style in the process so that is a bonus lol. JP I can always count on you getting me up to speed!

Photos on that last post aren't showing...but the others are outstanding. And, for what it's worth, I landed on team Kelly with respect to the controversy...Guiliana Rancic's comment was hideous and way out of line.

Here let me try Saoirse Ronan pearl jewelry again:

1dfef20aea1d406df44c94f57a6dd502.jpg

9e2c0251ec497bdb683e0d0f52beb439.jpg

I think the dress is so busy the necklace gets lost.

Smart styling! You are right, particularly with such a busy print more jewelry would have been a really heavy look around the face.

Totally agree...but I love the pairing of the necklaces with the very simple earrings.

If you don't know about this public faux pas - Fashion Police were commenting on guests at the Oscars last year and Rancic commented about the long dreadlocks that Zendaya wore that evening. I thought she looked stunning in a beautiful white dress and long dreds. Rancic said in commenting about her hair "probably smells like patchouli oil" or "weed." She later apologised .

Those Yoko pieces are absolutely amazing! Such beautiful designs. That is some serious pearl jewellery.

I totally agree..the pearls are lost with that dress ... but again...gorgeous necklace !

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how mean some people can get. I should be used to it by now. She's such a gorgeous girl and looks very classy in all the outfits BPD posted.

I'm not too sure what to think of all that busyness in the second group of shots, but do agree the necklaces don't match the dress. I do like the necklaces though.

What a shame those 2 pearl necklaces are totally camouflaged by the dress.

I can't decide which pearl earrings of Zendaya i like the most, they're all gorgeous!

Back