Red Carpet Ready

Here is another interesting designer using Freshwater pearls as fashion:

www-melaniegeorgacopoulos-comjpg.jpg

Melanie Georgacopoulos

Last edited:
OOOOOO, I wonder if it's heavy, and what the front looks like.

You a designer fan so I knew you'd appreciate this! Are you familiar with HSN? Many many years ago when I was in Jr. High, they sold "Black Gold" and "Black Sterling Silver". My grandma would shop with them every so often. She bought a couple of figaro chains for me. One broke and I made station necklace of pearls and onyx beads. It was one of the first things I created that people seemed to like. No idea where it is today though.

It's really like a pearl scarf. I bet the weight is evenly distributed. When I first saw this, I thought it looked like a David Yurman piece with the dark chain and pearl combo.

You a designer fan so I knew you'd appreciate this! Are you familiar with HSN? Many many years ago when I was in Jr. High, they sold "Black Gold" and "Black Sterling Silver". My grandma would shop with them every so often. She bought a couple of figaro chains for me. One broke and I made station necklace of pearls and onyx beads. It was one of the first things I created that people seemed to like. No idea where it is today though.

I had to laugh at this one...you know me too well. Sending you a PM.

I wanted to share another pic for you, but I don't want to add too many (since I don't own them) but clicking her name will take you to her site. There is cool collar with white and lavender pearls. I sketched something very similar years and years ago and I called it "Flame", I don't know why I called it that LOL.

Ooooooo, interesting! It's like a pearl shrug.

I clicked on her name. Very interesting designs. Thanks for sharing.

Here is a full on shot of Tracee Ellis Ross Chanel Gown and Pearl Jewelry from the 2017 Emmy's RedCarpet:

TER.jpg

So according to her Twitter, Tracee Ellis Ross' jewelry is by Irene Neuwirth jewelry

tracee ellis ross1.jpg

Tracee Ellis.jpg

DJ9mnRxVoAAoQQo.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I like it even less with the feathers on the bottom. I don't mind sequins. I don't mind feathers. I just don't think this dress is a good design. It looks like something a 10 year old would design, not Chanel. It also overpowers the jewelry.

If I knew a 10 year old designed it, I would wear the heck out of it. But knowing it's a designer gown, I'm underwhelmed.

I kind of love it, too, but I definitely think it needs a personality like TER's to pull it off. I love her.

If I am being honest...I didn't pay much attention to the dress, though I do think she is very pretty in this gown. It was the jewelry I really like seeing pearls on the red carpet. I had someone mention the other day that pearls are matronly and not too popular. I had to ask what is your idea of a pearl and pearl jewelry? Then I went on to show all the advances in pearl culture and what designers are accomplishing using pearls.

This thread prompted me to take a look at Chanel's website. There is a video of their haute couture show that is definitely worth watching. There are two formal gowns styled with pearl ropes with tassels. Ah, if only I had won the lottery....

Feathers on most clothing gives me pause...back in the day when people sought my advise on such things I've always said keep these words in mind "Delicate Balance" lol

Love the earrings..not sure about the dress . Though it does seem to suit her personality!

Back