Recieved diploma from GIA in Graduate Pearls!

Congrats sunseeker and thanks for sharing the details with us.
Now I'm really tempted to do the course too.

Congratulations! :)

Congrats to you. How did you find the content overall?

I'm in the middle of the online work (which is why you see more posts from me here). While I am impressed with all that Jeremy and team bring to the assignments especially the great videos etc, some of the other video lectures are odd. I'm struggling a bit, not because it is hard or complicated…my attention is not being kept and they seem slightly off topic with some of the text.

A lot of it I knew already just from years working in jewelry etc. Please note I am not trying speak ill of the course I'm just surprised it doesn't hold my attention more. I thought it would be more "meaty" I guess. I don't know enough to say what I feel is missing. (I'm just thinking out loud here so please no one take offense)

Cannot seem to locate Jeremy's remarks about the current online class, hiding somewhere here on the forum. If my recall is correct, the final editing and organization was done by someone other than Jeremy or Doug who was not that familiar with pearls. Latest developments in the cfwps aren't included either, so that's why we hang out here. :) Who knows when the course will be updated again.

That is a bit of interesting insight. I guess it makes sense why it felt a bit "off" for lack of a better word.

Slightly related: I came across my old GIA Pearl and Bead stringing VHS (cough) tapes from that stringing course and I had a bit of a laugh how dated it is :), even back then.

Cannot seem to locate Jeremy's remarks about the current online class, hiding somewhere here on the forum. If my recall is correct, the final editing and organization was done by someone other than Jeremy or Doug who was not that familiar with pearls. Latest developments in the cfwps aren't included either, so that's why we hang out here. :) Who knows when the course will be updated again.

I did not mean to mislead, the Pearl and Bead Stringing was a standalone course.

Wow, I didn't realize pearl stringing instructions were ever part of the Pearls course!

Congrats, SunSeeker!

I took a GIA correspondence course in diamonds years ago so I know what you mean about not feeling all that qualified due to lack of actually handling many in person. But I've come to realize I am meant to be a buyer of goodies anyway, not a seller, ha.

Touring pearl farms sounds like a great adventure. Keep us posted!

No they don't ( not that I know of anyway). This was years ago more than I care to mention, I was literally just out of high school (90's good grief).

Does GIA even offer Pearl and Bead Stringing anymore? There are so many free tutorials (both good and bad) available now.

LoL sorry Ladies, I didn't even think about that on my self reflection!

congrats sunseeker! that sounds like a ton of fun AND a ton of work, you GO!

maybe there's a P-G certification of some sort that someone could come up with? Official Pearl Guide Official or something? :)

**coughCLASS OF 90!!cough**

How did I miss this?

We represent the class of the 90's! Cuz we rock LoL.

congrats sunseeker! that sounds like a ton of fun AND a ton of work, you GO!

maybe there's a P-G certification of some sort that someone could come up with? Official Pearl Guide Official or something? :)

**coughCLASS OF 90!!cough**

Btw…I totally agree with you. The industry expertise and experience on this forum far out ways GIA reputation IMO (and I am a GIA Alumni, happily so) but the neglect of pearls by GIA is sad. I think the founders and sponsors of Pearl-guide could be influential enough to start their own pearl education and certification course :) and it would hold merit/esteem industry wide.

**FISTBUMP** oh yeah! maybe there's a P-G certification of some sort that someone could come up with? Official Pearl Guide Official or something?

Back