Recent Ebay buys

A few pearls had light yellow overtone. A few have yellow spots at the tip and remind me of decayed matter.

This was one of the reasons I stayed away from WSS from Indonesia and decided on an Australian WSS necklace. I just cannot get pass these yellow spots, which I'm sure there's a proper name for them.

Last edited:
For Tahitians or SS I go to Pearl Society on ebay. I get very good service from them. They send me additional pictures of the strands, give more information about the quality... and if you buy often enough, they "adjust" the price.......

I received yesterday from them beautiful 10.7-12.5mm GSS drops. I'm very happy with what I got ( will post picture once I get back home)

I left work early yesterday for a doctor appointment. I walked in this morning and the assistant left a package on my chair from Pearl Society. I bid on this item http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...14980&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1.

The drop pearl has bright mirror reflection and color is very vibrant, just like the large photos. I am really happy with this purchase. From what I was told at Tahiti Pearl Market last year, most high-end jewelers like Cartier, Boucheron, Harry Winston etc. are after perfect drop pearls. But apparently right now there are plenty of them in the market for lowly beaders like me.

As promissed: this is my recent buy from eBay. I restrung those GSS adding three Tahitians. I like what I did with small Tahitians that I bought during December special from PP, so I did a similar design for thos GSS's.

gss1.jpg

gss2.jpg

th1.jpg

....sorry for lousy photos....

Ivona,
I like that design. The GSS are rich in colors. Congratulations :)
Question for you. How did you attach the hanging drops? Did you use headpins through the top and connect with a jump ring. Then thread the jump ring in the middle of the strand when you knot? TIA.

Ivona,
How did you attach the hanging drops? Did you use headpins through the top and connect with a jump ring. Then thread the jump ring in the middle of the strand when you knot? TIA.

GSS is on thin headpin. Loop hides in gold bead. TH that hangs is on thread. In the bottom passing by the hidden loop of the pin. Whole pendant tided to the strand in the middle. I also pass thread from the pendant through first two middle pearls and tie it again behind them. I hope it's understandable....

The Tahitian strand is made differently: three pearls that hung from it were made as independent pendants on silver chain ( different length. I threaded them on when I was threading the strand.

Last edited:
Back