Question for the experts

Katbran, I went down to 0.3 wire for those diamonds and the tiny rondelles I've also been using. Makes for a near invisible wire wrap.
Plus you get to acupuncture yourself randomly

Out of 3 14" strands of aquas, maybe half a dozen beads were too small. But they fit on 26 gauge wire very nicely so they will be used! And I should confess that I dropped two...found one, the other will show up when it's ready (or until someone sweeps the kitchen floor).

Katbran, I went down to 0.3 wire for those diamonds and the tiny rondelles I've also been using. Makes for a near invisible wire wrap.
Plus you get to acupuncture yourself randomly

LOL I will find some use for these teeny weeny little beauties I'm sure....I just get annoyed when you are paying a reasonable amount of money per strand..then lose 30% on my dollar .... to find that I've got 4 strands that are not the size I ordered... won't use them again.
I'll have to search my wire stash..! ( I could use some acupuncture on my wrist anyways...)

Ok, so here is another project in the works...using the rhodolite stones, which are 2.5mm. In real life the stones read much less red and more purplish dark pink. They look much better in person with the Tahitians. IMG_2858.jpgIMG_2861.jpgIMG_2862.jpg

Wow, what a beauty! Love it. Is it a rope? How long? Looking forward to neck shots, and really just photos, lots of photos.

Thanks! Not sure if it will end up as a true rope...right now it's two separate strands...one at 24" the other at 28". I think I'm going to set them with orbit style clasps so they can be hooked together as one long rope. The cherry colors of the Tahitians really come alive against the rhodolites. This is a darker version of the "Mermaid" one that Ursula would have worn rather than Ariel.

Thanks! The Little Mermaid was a favorite in our house, when my kids were little (oldest is now 22, btw). The colors of the garnets are even tougher than the Tahitians to capture on camera! Can't wait to use these stones with my new pearls.

That's a really beautiful color combination, JerseyPearl !

Thanks for the compliments! Really, the color of the stones are far more purple than red as they appear on camera. They compliment the aubergine tones on the Tahitians so well. And they sparkle like crazy, another thing that's so difficult to capture on camera.

Yummy. I love garnets and they really set off the Tahitians.

So, are these all for you? Or gifts? Or are you planning on selling them?

Yummy. I love garnets and they really set off the Tahitians.

So, are these all for you? Or gifts? Or are you planning on selling them?

I have made a lot of gifts, and I have made a few commissioned pieces for friends...but I must confess that most of it is for me...I really do enjoy it, so who knows what the future may hold.

Back