Question for the experts

Wait, do you have MORE light mix apart from your necklace? I like them against the aquamarine. The drops are really pretty too.

Thanks everyone. The stones are from the recommendation on this thread...very fast shipping and very nice stones! And the drill holes are sufficiently large. I have more light mix pearls, some that are near rounds as well as a few more of the rounds...I'm thinking I might use the rounds with the aquas, but i have to play with them a bit. The dark drops look amazing with the labradorite stones...but the labs also look very nice with the light mix colors. I also ordered some clasps from Bella Findings (never purchased with them before today) so hopefully they will arrive soon.

So here is the "draft" layout...I am waiting for the clasp to arrive, since I just ordered it yesterday, this might take a couple of days to complete. IMG_2770.jpg

OOOO, shiny. Does that sparkle in movement? There's definitely some sparkle in the still photo.

Wow, it looks amazing, the combination of beads and Tahitians is just perfect! Is it on thread or wire?

Thanks everyone...this is on wire. I was deciding between white wire, bright silver, or darker grey and went with the darker grey. The white made the stones too milky looking (which they are not at all) and the bright silver wasn't giving enough color play with the stones. So the grey won out. These little aqua stones are crystal clear and so sparkly, kind of the way water sparkles in sunshine. They go very well with the sharp luster of this light mix near round grouping. On the spacing Katbran, I had to play around a few times (and may still change things up a bit) with which pearl looked best next to its neighbors. Most of the pearls have a nice green overtone, with a few having blue green, and others with a light cherry (more like a just ripening strawberry).

Thanks Pirard. Did you also use on wire on the sapphire necklace that's similar to this one? If so, do you find it pulls on your hair at the back of your neck?

(I'm making mental notes on everything, for when it is my turn to play around with beads and pearls...)

Yes, I used wire on that piece as well. I have been using the Soft Flex which has a nice drape, and comes in medium, fine, and very fine. I used the fine on both strands and it worked well. I did remove a number of smaller sapphires from the first piece because their drill holes were too small for fine. They worked well on very fine, so I'm keeping that in my stash...also note, the rondelles work well with 26 gauge wire...I've incorporated "leftovers" into some tin cups for added sparkle. Overall wear of the necklace, I find it very comfortable, and no pinching or pulling of tiny hairs. Keep in mind, if you decide to do this and those sorts of pieces bother your neck, there are wonderful adapter findings that can make a 3, 4, or other multiple strand attached to a piece of chain in the back of the neck. That might also have the added advantage of making the piece adjustable. As they say, where there is a will there is a way!

OK here is the finished product...it reminds me of summer, and collecting sea glass. I also made a cute pair of earrings to go with...but don't look too closely because the eye pins I used were too short...will redo when longer ones arrive.IMG_2785.jpgIMG_2776.jpg

Yes, indeed! I didn't want to tighten them just yet because I am going to redo. I find that the round nose pliers (the pair with the very pointy tips) do a wonderful job at tightening this type of ear wire. The pearls are fairly well matched on the earrings, although that top left one does read slightly more grey while the other three have a nice green overtone. But when worn, the difference is not noticeable! I think they look a little bit like jolly snowmen. They also have a 70s vibe...so much so, I'm thinking of restringing my light mix round necklace to match...one large, one small graduating back to the clasp. I'd be curious if anyone has ever strung pearls that way?

Another beautiful necklace, JP! At this point you will need, as my husband calls it, a "pearl room" ....

Thanks for the info -- my plan was to start with (at some point in the future) a long rope of beads (likely black spinel) and Tahitians, but I have read (I guess somewhere in this board) that, if on wire, the beads might pull on hair. I guess an advantage of the quadruple (or triple, etc) is that the clasp at the back of the neck reduces pulling?

Oh, and I like the earrings, way to show off nice big pearls!

One more question, what size are the pearls and the acquamarines?

I am not sure how to ask a question could someone guide me? I have a set of old pearls and would like to get a real experts opinion on them so I can gauge their worth. can anyone help me?

Beautiful JP, the colours are summery , you need to be sipping a cocktail while admiring your pearls.

That is a very pretty necklace! I see what you mean about summer, I also think it has a winter vibe-- the tourmalines look like ice.

Back