Question about overtones on bright white freshwaters

Casey.R

I'm thinking of getting a new pair of pearl studs. I find pearl studs really brighten my face up. I've been holding up different pearls to my face and I think the cooler colors probably look best ( although that doesn't stop me from wearing warmer colors on a regular basis as well) But the blue baroque akoyas and the bright white freshwaters are very flattering. I'm caucasian with golden undertones and hazel/green eyes. So besides silver and rose overtones on the white pearls is there anything else? I see all a huge variation with the exotics.
TIA

What about blue? Sometimes (although not often) I've seen some with a blue undertone that are gorgeous. Regarding skin tone, blue and gold (orange and yellow) are opposite on the color wheel and compliment each other well. Just a thought. Kate

Great color chart! The color they call apricot gold is very pretty. Some of the lavender blues are amazing but I already have plenty of lavender.

So I wound up getting some very pale exotic metallic earrings from PP that are almost white ( the description says exotic white/ copper). I would call them pale champagne or cream with subtle overtones in certain lighting. They are super bright, beautiful and just what I needed. In fact I'm already wearing them!

I'd post a photo but my camera is having issues.

So I wound up getting some very pale exotic metallic earrings from PP that are almost white ( the description says exotic white/ copper). I would call them pale champagne or cream with subtle overtones in certain lighting. They are super bright, beautiful and just what I needed. In fact I'm already wearing them!

I'd post a photo but my camera is having issues.

Sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see your photos. One of my pairs is lightly colored (silvery white w/ pink and green overtones) https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/freshwater-pearls/3855-exotic-strands-coming.html, post # 130. These exotics have unusual and very hard-to-describe colors. A few pearls from the strand are lavender/pink body with bluish green overtone. (or at least what I think they are, LOL.)

Too bad the natural colored blue akoya studs are out of stock. I would recommend those too.

I haven't been able to get a really great shot of my pearls but here they are anyway. They're are sort of a champagne color and outside they have a rose overtone.

Hanaleimom, I just checked out your pearl pics. You got some real beauties!

Attachments

• CIMG1450 copy.jpg
    CIMG1450 copy.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 48
Thanks Patty :)

Today I was at Nordstrom looking at pearls ( they sell mostly mikimoto akoyas but also tahitians and South Sea pearls) and the sales person asked me where I bought my earrings. I told him all about the exotic freshwater metallics, and how PP now has akoyas in natural colors. He wanted the web site info so he could check it all out later.

Casey, they are lovely. I bet they look smashing in the sunlight.

My local Nordstrom has mostly akoyas and the majority of their Tahitians are from Mastoloni. Neiman Marcus counter has klonks only, even earrings. Their smallest earrings must be about 15mm. They look reasonably colorful for their sizes. Saks carry Tahitians from Tara Pearls; and they are extremely beautiful, especially the strands.

Our local Bailey Banks & Biddle stores currently have "going out of business" sale. I went to 2 stores to check out their Tahitians and South Seas. Even with 60% discount, the prices are still slightly higher than online vendors. They have a baroque Tahitian and South Sea combo strand for about $3600 regular price, about $1400 with discount. The problem? There are several pearls that have beads showing. They look like someone had spreaded clumps of liquid paper on them. I wonder how did those Tahitians get exported. They look like reject pearls.

Sorry for the digression.

Woo Hoo - Gorgeous color! Those must look fabulous against your skin. ;)

Back