Purple quahog pearl

kramlynx

Good morning, I am new to the site and recently found a 7.5mm dark purple quahog pearl.The color is consistant and the shape is quite round, very symetrical. I am having difficulties trying to post a picture to this site, but will keep trying. Can anyone tell me if it is desireable and what kind of value it may have.Thank you for your time. Mark

0911131239.jpg
I believe that i have attached a picture for my previous post. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

That round, that consistent and symmetrical...are you sure it's a pearl at all? Was it found in the shell, or on the beach?

See if you can take another photo close-up, still using a white background and no flash.

Thank you for getting back. Yes i dug the quahogs myself. I was shucking cherry stones in my kitchen sink when i heard a ping noise when it fell out and landed in the sink. I was as surprised as anyone.I will post another picture this evening. thanks again.

Hello- Here is a new photo taken with no flash, hope this helps.View attachment 25135

Congratulations for a terrific find!

Very often pearls from quahogs are cloudy, over-mature or destroyed by cooking, yet yours was harvested cold and presents with a deep purple hue in a near round form.

Other than telling you precisely what you have, we at P-G don't normally apply appraised values, but this pearl may fetch a premium. With that, please be reminded the market is not fierce at this time. After commissions, insurance and shipping you might only end up with a stipend for your efforts.

We very often recommend pearl finders retain their find and have it fashioned into something equally as memorable to your family and friends.

It's a wonderful pearl and I thank you for sharing it with us.

thanks Pattye, never been cooked. I know i am not getting rich here, may just hold onto it for a while. thanks for your time.

thank you Dave, I apprecaite your input and will most likely hold onto it,it is a cool keepsake. thanks

Back