Pretty Sure Akoya

No gas pumping in Jersey ... I always loved that! I've been a lifelong victim of the Jersey swamp airplanes LOL ... my father-in-law put up a weathervane across from the house, at the head of the bay lagoon. We used it as a mosquito vane ... land breeze we got eaten alive; sea breeze the worst of them were blown back across the bay and onto the mainland ... no breeze, lock all the outside entrances or run home to PA.

This is the layout, but I may tweak it a bit. And I'm planning on adding rose gold (plated) and CZ roundelles in a few spots. The length is longer than I usually wear, not sure if I like it.
IMG_4834.jpg

I love the soft wave of the pearls...and I think the addition of rondelles would add a nice complimentary interest. Can't wait to see the finished product! Might this be just long enough, once strung with the additional stations, to wear doubled?

Thanks, Pareltje! Just need to decide on a length...

Actually, I want to increase the length, but I would have to use fwp to make up the length till I can find a strand of small Akoyas.

Last edited:
My 2 cents: A. I really really like that graceful wave you've created ... what patience and a great eye! B. Just my opinion, but I like that longer length, just as it is ... it really shows off that lovely wave, especially on the sides. Shorter, not as much, and longer might lose the impact. I think it's perfect as is :)

MSCRSUP3.jpgMSC4RSUP.jpg

I like the longer length too. But if you want it still longer, you could make a little extender-- from FWP, or even something else entirely.

Thanks for the feedback, Cathy, GG, and PD! I like the fwp pearl extender idea, I think I'll do that and keep the longer length. I'm a sucker for versatility in jewelry :)

Oooh, Bracelet extender ... in a wave pattern ... :)

Thank you, pattye and kat!

That sounds interesting, Cathy! Perhaps after the new year, I'll put in a new order with gempacked and get a matching clasp for a bracelet extender. It's such a great idea!
This is the Clasp I ordered for the necklace (originally I was going to use it for the P. sterna, but it's too big).

Last edited:
I love the wave!! I've been admiring the wave from Icy's posts (I think) and might have to copy your idea with the akoyas. I have more than enough graduated strands that are not getting any use. I also vote for the longer strand. It looks lovely on you!

Back