Please help identify type

mr-t75

hi im new and still learning these are two of my necklaces but are unsure exacxtly what i have.please help :)

both on silver 925 clasps

Attachments

• natpearl.jpg
    natpearl.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 28
  • bpl.jpg
    bpl.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 25
Welcome,

thanks for the pics of your necklaces. What is the approximate pearl size in mm, if possible? What else can you tell us about them? Are they new purchases or pieces that have been in the family for some time? They are cultured, bead nucleated pearls. Not positive whether akoya or freshwater pearls, but from the shapes, color and luster, leaning toward freshwater.

Please help identify type

Welcome,

thanks for the pics of your necklaces. What is the approximate pearl size in mm, if possible? What else can you tell us about them? Are they new purchases or pieces that have been in the family for some time? They are cultured, bead nucleated pearls. Not positive whether akoya or freshwater pearls, but from the shapes, color and luster, leaning toward freshwater.

hi about7-8mm
only had for about A YEAR
the person i bought them off told me the lower set were natural but i guessed they wernt :(

The bottom strand looks to me like baroque akoyas.

The top strand looks to me like dyed freshwaters.

You know, looking again at the top strand, they may also be dyed baroque akoyas. Some are in pretty bad shape-- look at the thin nacre over the bead on the 3rd pearl from the clasp-- the small one-- and the pearl just above it that is wrinkled. What threw me off was the 2 elongated pearls with rings which looks more like fwp.

The person who told you they were natural may have meant they are real pearls, as opposed to imitations. They are real pearls, just cultured, not natural.

Hi I know with top ones,he explained that 3rd one in was what was put into the shell to start the process,(the nucleus) but im not sure

My other pearls

My other pearls

These are my others

Attachments

• IMG_20141013_213720.jpg
    IMG_20141013_213720.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20141013_213928.jpg
    IMG_20141013_213928.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20141013_214021.jpg
    IMG_20141013_214021.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 25
Do you know what kind of stone is in the gold clasp?
well, enlarging the photo, I guess it isn't a stone after all.

Hi no unfortunately there s no stone which is a shame, so are the top set also akoya?

Back