Pearl rings - What's hot, what's not?

Valeria101 said:
Another pearl with something floating nearby... online, I could not find any trace of exact model from Carrera Y Carrera I I meant to post... something like this, but with a somewhat larger gem-set thinghie next to the pearl.

A tad cheesy?:rolleyes: Would like a more geometric version of this though.

ccwg7.png
Valeria101 said:
One does not incorporate pearls, alright. Jewelry bringhing pearls back to their origins (in association with shells, aquamarine stone, sea-fearing motifs) has a point, IMO (again IMO).

snailsjo8.jpg

Wow Valeria you sure can pick beautiful rings. If I had known about the butterfly design on top I would have used that for my natural pearl engagement ring (btw, where did you find it?). I also like the pink one on bottom.

Lastly, I think this ring from American Pearl could really look good on a man like myself:
gssrd1218ky-r1b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
preswine said:
Lastly, I think this ring from American Pearl could really look good on a man like myself:

That's a nice looking ring, Preswine. I don't think "just any guy" could get away with it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
PearlStruck.com said:
That's a nice looking ring, Preswine. I don't think "just any guy" could get away with it. ;)

I don't think it's that garish. Lots of guys wear gold rings kinda like that, just not with a gold colored pearl.

Oh, I don't think it's necessarily garish. I really do believe that only certain men can carry off large rings, or rings that stray too far from the "norm." My Dad, for example, very conservative and stern, would only wear a gold band. My professor-type uncle, on the other hand (no pun intended), has always worn a gold ring with a large light blue circle engraved with his initial. I guess it's a matter of taste, and personal style.

I can only say that it would be quite a conversation piece on a man. :)

I think if a man wants to wear a pearl, cufflinks or on leather is the way to go!

A large tahitian pearl necklace with a leather cord going through the pearl. Baroque or circle' would be my pick.

Do you like this simple design ??? I had this pearl, fully drilled, not exactly round, but with beautiful luster, 11.8mm.
I wanted something simple, so I designed it like this and my jeweler "executed" it...
I'm very happy with the result.
2S.jpg

5S.jpg

7S.jpg

8S.jpg

It's really lovely. What kind of special care do you need to give a pearl ring? It seems like the stone ring I wear daily (engagement ring) takes a lot of abuse. How do you protect a pearl in a ring?

xeresana said:
It's really lovely. What kind of special care do you need to give a pearl ring? It seems like the stone ring I wear daily (engagement ring) takes a lot of abuse. How do you protect a pearl in a ring?

.....I try no to wave my hand too much when I talk, not to hit it, I don't do dishes wearing it, beside, I wear it normally enjoying it on my finger.... and hoping for the best....

imanit said:
Do you like this simple design ?

Certainly! 'Simple' makes perfect sense most of the time, and definitely thi time.

I think I might have seen similar things, with a bridge between the two arms of the shank keeping the pear away from the finger; never knew if that is meant to protect pearl from rubbing or simply means to get away with a weaker, lighter shank :rolleyes: ? Some loop the shank for similar porpose.

I definitely prefer your version without the 'bridge' ;)

Gorgeous pearl, Imanit!

I, too, love the bypass design. Sometimes the cup, or bridge is used to attach the pearl on a post, at least several of my pearl rings are done that way. Did your jeweler fix a post to go into the drill holes?

Thanks much for sharing!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Did your jeweler fix a post to go into the drill holes?
[/quote]

Yes - there is a post going through the pearl attaching it to the band and keeping band securely looped around it.
Thank you all !!! It's always fun when others like same things than I do !!

I do like how that fits together. One reason why I don't have a pearl ring is I'm always afraid one day I'll look down and see nothing but a naked post. I don't think anyone dislikes bypass designs. Securing the pearl on both sides makes a lot of sense and I might have to borrow that idea. Oh, D!

Valeria101 said:
I think I might have seen similar things, with a bridge between the two arms of the shank keeping the pear away from the finger;
I definitely prefer your version without the 'bridge' ;)

The Truth is that first time I gave to my goldsmith the drawing of what I want and he changed the design, making the ring like what you saw: kept pearl away from the finger and upper loop went all the way around it and was attached to the bottom loop. I did not like it at all. I took a piece of copper wire and " set " the pearl in it showing him how it's supposed to lay on the finger and how loops are supposed to start and end and be attached to each other through the pearl. This type of "visual" explanation gave me the final ring that I posted the photos of !

It is very unique and beautiful! I bet it is especially meaningful because you had a hand in the design.

imanit said:
The Truth is that first time I gave to my goldsmith the drawing of what I want and he changed the design, making the ring like what you saw: kept pearl away from the finger and upper loop went all the way around it and was attached to the bottom loop. I did not like it at all.

I do like yours better - it is a modern, pearl-liberating :p thing. Although I would wonder about the pearl's wear, enjoying its feel, movement ... on the finger would outweight concerns times over.

If you didn't say it was of your making... I might have suspected THIS ;)

etienneperrettf7.png

I saw those two when I was browsing looking for the idea :etienneperrettf7[1].jpgIMP914725bwh-1-lg.jpg I liked them but not 100%.....

then my guy made something that looked a lot like this one
etienneperrettf7[2].jpg but he went all the way around from top. I did not like at all how it was sitting on the finger, so I made him my "copper mold" to change the design to my liking...

Yours is definitely much better. I can't imagine why someone would want to wrap a wire around the diameter of the pearl to obscure it.

Back