Pearl rings - What's hot, what's not?

Personally I like a pearl surrounded by small diamonds -- either a halo look or a combination of small rounds and channel set bagquettes.

Diamonds and pearls in combo are classic.

Attachments

• pearl ring.jpg
    pearl ring.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 41
Oooo that's nice....I've always wondered about a GSS pearl with a halo of 4pt yellow diamonds set in yg.

Weegem, I love the look of golden south sea pearls AND yellow diamonds in high karat yellow gold. I'm sure it would look spectacular!

Casey.R said:
Weegem, I love the look of golden south sea pearls AND yellow diamonds in high karat yellow gold. I'm sure it would look spectacular!

Yay!

yellow pave is unusual enough... 'thought I woud post an example:

A BAND RING

... which would likely not clash with a particularly golden button pearl, would it :cool:

richipat said:
Personally I like a pearl surrounded by small diamonds -- .

Yeah! especially in a classic setting... pave, colettes... I am not a great fan of the wiery prong settings 70's style :eek:

PS: does a colaj of images infringes copyright, or good taste, or common sense, or... ? It would be nice to 'see' what a pearl like THIS might look in a ring like THIS :cool:

aopgoldcorteztr5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! I have that exact yg band! It's very thin, very delicate. Maybe I can glue one of my loose pearls on top?? :eek:

nlerner-

What is that pearl in post #42? It's so pretty; is it really that pinky-lavender color? So so pretty!

Nicole

That is SS Australian white mabe pearl designed by Care Ehret. 19mm Round!
The pearl has a gorgeous pinky-lavender overglow, silky smooth yet silghtly bumpy skin. I love it very much.

Thank you Nicole.
nora

WeeGem said:
LOL! I have that exact yg band! It's very thin, very delicate. Maybe I can glue one of my loose pearls on top??

Taking the question seriously:

Not sure about that, but I have see such a thing done (Oslo shop, can't remember the signature for the life of me) - its was really a thin band with a peg and a pearl, looking slightly funny (skimpy) in the jeweler's case and absolutely awesome on hand! Even those with no pave looked great - i.e 2mm pipe band holding pearl on finger, super minimalist. Paspaley has a modernistic line with something similar. And PP comes close with THIS...

Now, the one with pave had a solid segment under the pearl (to prevent the pave from cutting through the pearl? maybe...) - so I wouldn't be sure that a normal 'eternity' band could be transformed even if it would withstand the torture.

This is a question for a jeweler though, & with the respective band in hand rather than guessing remotely.

PS. Yeah... it is silly to collate A + B like above, granted that. And dangerous too :eek:

Reese ring comment

Reese ring comment

I saw a ring at a Montreal boutique years ago and it stayed in my mind. Essentially it is the Reese ring but about at "2 o'clock" (seeing the pearl as a clock) the designer set a small (about 20 point) diamond near, but not against the diamond... it looked like a small star beside the pearl "planet". The design was still simple but the asymmetry and 'invisible" setting of the diamond, just floating there beside the pearl (not below the pearl or on the shank) was intriguing. Would like to see a version of the Reese ring like that, and think the feature of changing the pearl could still be done. Could also be made with the 'star' in sapphire or other gem.

Kathleen Conway said:
...Essentially it is the Reese ring but about at "2 o'clock" [a] diamond, just floating there beside the pearl (not below the pearl or on the shank) .... Would like to see a version of the Reese ring like that...

That does sound nice! Do you remember how the floating diamond was set (i.e. how did the construction look from underneath)? Were here any other stones aside the pearl and the floating stone at 2 O'clock?

Just from reading the description, I imagine a type of asymmetrical by-pass ring (below), with a larger pearl and a small stone 'floating' over the finger... probably not quite what you saw.

pearldrophn9.png

Valeria101,
I don't wear rings, but I really like the one you posted . Maybe it is the addition of that pear-shaped diamond, though after the article that Caitlin posted about the Diamond Industry, I now know the pearl is worth more than the diamond. (whew..what a run on). I don't have a pearl ring but I would consider wearing that classic design.

The last ring has the same style as my current favorite ring.:)

Attachments

• ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 38
Perlas,,
That is one drop dead beautiful ring. Is it yours or just one on the "wish list?"

Ingykiz said:
Valeria101,
I don't wear rings, but I really like the one you posted . Maybe it is the addition of that pear-shaped diamond, though after the article that Caitlin posted about the Diamond Industry...

It is a drawing... with a 'generic' pearl and stone. Would surely enjoy such a thing with a pearl with personality (colored, perhaps keshi...) and a more meaningful stone.

[digression here] As an economist, I am not quite prepared to consider the current value of diamonds 'phony', even if it is the result of a man-made market structure. No more than I would be prepared to admit that any market can be 'artificial' - i.e. maintained for a significant period of time ONLY by political (or executive) will. If anything, cultured pearls strike me as a rather related case...[end of paranthesis]

richipat said:
Perlas,,
That is one drop dead beautiful ring. Is it yours or just one on the "wish list?"

Thanks. I have it. But I still have lots on my wish list....

You absolutely must post a "hand shot."
I am pea green with envy -- enjoy -- it is beautiful!!

p.s. is it OK to snatch the picture and put it in my wish list?:eek:

Back