Pearl Paradise in USA Today

pandaexpress

Jeremy has been very modest in not mentioning this but USA Today dropped by Pearl Paradise on Monday to do a story about how small businesses like his are coping with the challenging economic environment. Congrats Jeremy!

Here is the article...(scroll to top of page to start story)
http://www.usatoday.com/money/econo...htm?csp=34&loc=interstitialskip#uslPageReturn

The $1MM necklace in the photo - ok don't hate us but because my GF and I dropped by the office on Monday so she could tweak her Valentine's Day gifts, we got to see this strand and hold it and ooohh and aaahh over it. Let me tell you - it is real odd to hold $1mm in the palm of your hand. Jeremy said the nacre on it was 5mm - can you believe it? I thought he meant 0.5mm - but he was like nope - 5mm - WOW. Kirsten was saying how heavy it was. Someone is going to get real lucky with that one! He said that they basically turned his store into a studio and took like a billion photos and he bet they'd only use one - and guess what - they did!

Anyway, Jeremy was feeling a bit under the weather since he has been up day and night fixing the server issue - poor guy.

You know, I always think that would make the trip to LA worth it, just to hold that one strand in my hands for a second. Ok, really I would love to try it on and get my photo taken with it, but that ight be asking too much. lol I don't know anyone in LA, so I am waiting for one of my husband's conferences to take him to California. Then I can maybe sneak it in. LOL I think he would have to strip me of y credit card though, because I would probably buy several strands SOMEHOW justifying it. lol Anyone ever read the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella? I think that is how we all are with pearls, we can come up with any excuse for anything. :)

Well, that was an interesting article, and thought provoking.

And in the midst of the financial stresses, Jeremy went ahead and offered us the exotics. Our gain, for sure. I appreciate that more than ever now.

And yes, I've read all the Shopaholic books-- funny!! Great reading!

See Salem - that's why we should arrange an excursion where everyone on the board who isn't in LA can agree on a time/place and we can all go and have a party at PP - he he he...

Pearl_dreams - ain't that the truth - he really lost money on the sale and it was awfully nice for him to do. He really does love everyone on Pearl Guide. Lucky us!!

I feel very fortunate to have
1) Found this guide online
2) Met all of you to educate me
3) Found PP in my local area - how lucky am I
4) That I didn't drop a small fortune on pearls at bluenile - yikes!

Count your blessings...

Back