Pearl... or Keshi?

Abi

My mother found this strand with other keshi strands, but I'm thinking they're baroque pearls? She's not the best in picture taking, and these were actually the best ones she sent me. Can someone confirm through these pictures whether they are Keshi or pearls? Thank you in advance!
moms pearls 1.jpg
moms pearls.jpg

Last edited:
They look like baroque pearls to me. Most of the pearls are drop shaped which leads me to believe there are beads inside.

Last edited:
THANK YOU!
I thought they were Baroque's as well to the woman who was assisting my mother, but she said that sometimes keshi can look like that? It threw me for a loop, so I wanted my fellow pearlguiders to give me their opinion/observations.

She would like to change some of the pearls out and shorten the strand..
I think you're right JP, the ones at the ends do look keshi?

All bead nucleated. I'd guess that the sales assistant thinks using the word 'keishi' sounds good. A bit like biwa for stick

THANK YOU!
I thought they were Baroque's as well to the woman who was assisting my mother, but she said that sometimes keshi can look like that? It threw me for a loop, so I wanted my fellow pearlguiders to give me their opinion/observations.

She would like to change some of the pearls out and shorten the strand..
I think you're right JP, the ones at the ends do look keshi?

I agree with Sanippy, BW, Katbran, and JP! They mostly look like baroques, with maybe a few keshi on the ends.

Oh, that's a pretty necklace! In most of the pearls, one can see the bulbous part and envision the round nucleus inside. It's possible some of the end pearls are keshi; difficult to tell from the pics. Few keshi are symmetrical, and so fall into baroque category.

Hi Pattye!!!

Thank you everybody for your expertise, I'm glad y'all are here for my pearl queries.

She comes in a few weeks, may post a picture once I get ahold of them :)

Back