Pearl Earrings

A baroque example, one of my lovely Christmas surprises (by Patricia Saab Designs.etsy.com)
The arrow points out Pattye's tiny yet very neat wiring. Pretty amazing!
The keishi is 13mm and deserves a whole thread to itself.

Attachments

• Tourmaline / diamond ring 2
    Tourmaline / diamond ring 2
    123 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Lisa, I love the rice crispies used that way!

I have an old rice crispie bracelet that I may take apart to do something like that. It's too short for me to wear now anyway.

This has been fun reading! Christy2772, you've received great input, as usual, from the pearl lovers here so I'll had my 2 cents. I agree with going with the best quality you can because to me luster is key. Your strand is so beautiful that I would want fine quality earrings to go with it. I have a few pairs like the pearls with chains you showed and really like them. They can be fun or dressy depending on what you're wearing. Can't wait to hear what you decide!

Lisa, I love the rice crispies used that way!

I have an old rice crispie bracelet that I may take apart to do something like that. It's too short for me to wear now anyway.
I should've scrubbed them up before posting but I hoped Christy would get a look at Krispies and baroques, before she purchased/ to keep in mind for the future purchases.

OK, Back to us (that's a standing joke in my family)! :D

****I think that's a great idea PD, I'm thinking about adding more to my existing dangles, because I love clusters, too!****

(is this a case of pearl size syndrome, or whatever? because they were great when I got them, and now I want to Plump Them Up!. 3stems aren't enough)

Last edited:
Oh Lord ! My eyes..the wrinkly earlobes have offended my eyes !! Pffffft ! Wrinkly earlobes...give me a break...I'll show YOU wrinkly earlobes...oh...no I won't .. my earlobes are attached at the bottom... I forgot... lol Don't mind me...it's just the earlobe envy talking ... I can't wear the dangly things as they just lie there next to my neck ... they don't swing around in space in flirty splendour... they just ...hang and irritate me,,
love those dangly ones Lisa ! Very cute!

Oh, Kath! Once again you crack me up and bring it back to reality! :D:p Earlobe envy...

I wasn't sure if I dreamt this or really did it, but I was so distressed by my earlobes dragging down when I hung some early-semi-Edison's off some small CFW s that I screamed over to my earring box to find some cover-earrings...
... Ah! It really happened.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Sooo....maybe a weird look, but it can be done, and doesn't add to the sag and drag!

Last edited:
ThanksLadyD; I mostly wear studs and have always liked bigger, but they kept tipping down, so I defaulted to smaller studs ( before lobe wonder and huge earring backs). Now the smaller studs look inappropriate. Dangle earrings have tempted me for years but didn't play well with wimpy earlobes.

It's now, or never though. I'm older, and tired of denying myself dangles. I'm trying out a variety of very lightweight but big coverage options for the lobe, so I can indulge the urge to dangle, and wear bigger studs too!

I wonder what Christy's up to? Did she start a different thread telling us about her decision?

ThanksLadyD; I mostly wear studs and have always liked bigger, but they kept tipping down, so I defaulted to smaller studs ( before lobe wonder and huge earring backs). Now the smaller studs look inappropriate. Dangle earrings have tempted me for years but didn't play well with wimpy earlobes.

It's now, or never though. I'm older, and tired of denying myself dangles. I'm trying out a variety of very lightweight but big coverage options for the lobe, so I can indulge the urge to dangle, and wear bigger studs too!

Go for it! I love the look of dangles and I love seeing what others wear.

Lisa,
Self-denial has a way of getting old, too. :D

Oh, does it ever get old!

as long as you don't put yourself in the poorhouse, go ahead - give to charities for balance ( or do good works, whatever.), and enjoy beautiful things.

Last edited:
Hi Naan, how've you been? Did you catch up on who's bought what/ is wearing what? Some nice things being put up in photos.

Pattye, sway is the right word! Pearls on chains hop and swing, on headpins or bars they sway.

Last edited:
Would someone who's bought the blossom earrings with the white metallic drops post a pic here? I'd love for Christy to see them!

Actually, with Tahitians would be cool as well. Many, many thanks in advance.

Back