Oh Purr look at what I saw today ;)

Oh my, those are gorgeous!!

LOL ;) never fear BW Red is so right. There are so many pearls in that vault your head is going to spin. Plus he is expecting some more before you get there :)

Red I do have a few more pictures to post but have to wait a few days.........if you are salivating now just wait! I already know there are some that you will just love ;)

:cool: So excited, Newberry!

BW, the truth is, not only are there lots of pearls, everyone's taste is just a little different. Given a tray of pearls, people naturally pick out different ones. It really is amazing to see.

Patience, BWeaves. I know how you feel, but experience tells me that there will be lots and lots of pearls left for us, even if Newberry and Kay have been pawing them over already. Somehow, someway, the pearls that are meant for you and me, those will still be there.

Newberry and I actually exercised great restraint on Friday. We only bought two pearls each, which is a record. I spent time with Hisano and Jeremy finalizing the details of projects already in progress.

Newberry and I actually exercised great restraint on Friday. We only bought two pearls each, which is a record. I spent time with Hisano and Jeremy finalizing the details of projects already in progress.

Looking forward to finding out about these....

For those new to the Ruckus, I'd like to second what Red said so well ... there are plenty of glorious pearls for everyone, and while we all love each others pearls and creations, we all seem to find our own special niche, often with the expert help of our pearl friends! There will be something(s!) special and unique that speak to each of us. As for the pack mule, I pack and carry the pearls ... he carries everything else :)

One of the new projects will be at the Ruckus. Hisano is using several of the oval GSSPs from the strand Purr and I split, along with a dozen colorful Tahitians, on a 42" black spinel "tin cup." I'm still working through what to do with the rest of the GSSPs from that half strand -- I have a few ideas.

The other project is a recycling project for my old 7-7.5 mm akoya strands.

I'll post pictures of both when they are finished.

Haha sorry ladies didn't meant to post-&-run on purpose - didn't have my pictures sorted/ready and was running around outside. So I have to introduce a few new pieces/re-works here together.

First, standalone shot of the dark monster strand that just arrived - uber metallic and dripping in color!!!
IMG_2539.jpg

I want to show case my 2 ripple strands together. Top strand is the lighter multi-color and bottom is the Dark Monster from PP. They are really both incredibly beautiful. Now I think about it, I am really glad to have the multi-color strand first - it is uber versatile in pairing & layering, and it showed me the spectrum of possible colors in the tip top ripple world. Now I can go off collecting specialized color strands, starting with Dark Monster! Perhaps baby pink strand and a snow white strand in the future? ;)
IMG_2541.jpg

Now, what I did with these 2 strands... I have to first pay homage to one of Sarah of Kojima's piece. This is one of her incredible personal collection:
IMG_4430.jpg

Newberry & Lilliefuzzysocks made a road trip to Sarah's studio not too long ago and did an incredible thread on the various pieces they got to play with there. When they posted a piece of pearl/jade necklace from Sarah's personal collection, I very literally fell off my chair. I immediately went off to scouring my apt of jade pieces with older stylings stored away and neglected. Collected a bunch I wanted to rework.

Last edited:
First, I found this old necklace that my mom had made for me - she picked up the jade pieces a few decades ago from her trip to China. She had one of the vendors in the Taipei Jade Market made it into a necklace for me. It was beautiful, but the soft material portion were becoming a bit old. So I chopped it up along with an unworn bracelet and combined it into my first piece - made with multi-color strand.
IMG_1163.jpgIMG_1174.jpg

Voooiiiila!
IMG_1183.jpg

Last edited:
Back