Oh Dear

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
This is the latest promotional photo from a London based pearl seller. Does everyone else agree that it is about 50 years out of date and indescribably naff and sexist?
naff.jpg
Normally I am a great believer in dog not biting dog but this is just....bad

But don't they look like they are passionately in love, lol. Once I got past the big hair and heavy makeup, my eye was actually drawn to her large diamond pendant. The pearls look like black beads in that photo. The boy mannequin is cute.

But don't they look like they are passionately in love, lol.

Hahaha. I always sit stiffly and look away when I can't stand the person sitting next to me. While wearing a garter belt.

It would help if:
They custom created the strand to fit the neckline, ditched the diamond and selected a gown for the woman to wear.

I'm ashamed to say, even as a pearl lover, I did not notice the pearls until my eyes looked around some. Definitely not a good marketing strategy. The boy does look much younger, doesn't he?

I'm ashamed to say, even as a pearl lover, I did not notice the pearls until my eyes looked around some. Definitely not a good marketing strategy. The boy does look much younger, doesn't he?

Me, too. I had to keep looking to see what this photo had to do with pearls. And she looks about 10 years older than he does, so, um, good for her?

It would help if:
They custom created the strand to fit the neckline, ditched the diamond and selected a gown for the woman to wear.

...and maybe if his hands were actually pointing to the pearls so as to give viewers a subliminal clue???? By the way, did anyone notice the ill-fitting ring on his left-hand pinky? That is bugging me!

...and maybe if his hands were actually pointing to the pearls so as to give viewers a subliminal clue???? By the way, did anyone notice the ill-fitting ring on his left-hand pinky? That is bugging me!

Me too! I wonder if it was supposed to be on his ring finger, like a wedding ring.

The first thing I noticed was his lips and wondered what color he was wearing and if he had fillers.

wait, y'all don't just lounge around in your underwears with pearls and pretty boys draped around you?

This made me laugh a lot!

My first impression was that I thought this was an add for bras and hairspray.

I didn't even notice the pendant one until someone mentioned it on the thread. Neither one seems interested in the pearls...

Back