Octopus/Chthulu pear pendant, on black spinel necklace

battah

Hi all! I haven't shared here too much, but I'm trying to get my act together :) I wanted to share this new little guy that I recently acquired, from Thomas Suave jewelry on Etsy. He's an octopus, or Chthulu, depending on how sinister you think he looks :) Sterling silver with what I guess are maybe tsavorite garnet eyes, and a pearl - the listing said white south sea pearl, but based on the size and look I think it's a FWP (and it was priced like a FWP). But I love this little guy, he's adorable. In the second picture he's on a woven black spinel necklace I recently made. I usually wear him on a doubled long chain, but I think he likes the spinel. I might make a green one to wear with him and bring out his little eyes.

Enjoy :)

20160608_085227.jpg

20160608_085332-600x800.jpg

Last edited:
You know this post would catch my attention!!! From a technical standpoint, I think he's an octopus, as he lacks the Cthulhu's trademark bat wings. He's a cutie! I may need to make a Cthulhu one of these days...

I love the way you are wearing him on the spinel rope. Is that peyote stitch? Is is tapered, or is that an optical illusion from the photograph? Love the end caps and clasp, too - they set off your little guy to perfection.

Aha, I see that you do kumihimo...so not peyote. Haven't learned that technique yet...

You know this post would catch my attention!!! From a technical standpoint, I think he's an octopus, as he lacks the Cthulhu's trademark bat wings. He's a cutie! I may need to make a Cthulhu one of these days...

I love the way you are wearing him on the spinel rope. Is that peyote stitch? Is is tapered, or is that an optical illusion from the photograph? Love the end caps and clasp, too - they set off your little guy to perfection.

If you make a Cthulu, you have to set one aside for me! The designer named him so because he said he made his eyes extra sinister, but you're right about the wings. I think his teeny-tiny rage is adorable. I adore your octopus designs and have been meaning to message you about one.

The rope is indeed kumihimo! I'm just getting into it and I find it very relaxing. It isn't tapered, that must just be the photo angle. I can basically just do the one stitch so far, I'm still learning :) I plan to make a few more of these long necklaces, they're fun to wear and very versatile. I posted in the beader's club board with a few photos of ways to wear them. I'm loving the clasp as well! This one is sterling but I'm trying to find some in other metals, too. I haven't really done anything with my Etsy shop in ages and am considering closing it down, but if I keep making these necklaces I might list a few, and I'd like to have different metal options.

I vote for MiniChthulu. Even without the wings, he looks sinister to me. Love him and the kumihimo beaded necklace!

Thanks, all! BWeaves, I'm really pleased with how the necklace turned out. I need to make a few more in different colors. A garnet one would be great, if I can find tiny garnet beads.

Back