not Keshi

Cees

Saw yesterday South Sea pearls from Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia and thought they were keshi.
The farmer, however, pointed out that these were pearls with a small fresh water pearl as a nuclei.

So the pearls got a new name, Orient Pearls.

The price per momme is considerably lower than keshi pearls

Cees

www.amsterdampearls.com

Attachments

• bead1.jpg
    bead1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 34
  • bead2.jpg
    bead2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 35
Ooh, Cees, you always amaze and delight me! Those are so cute, especially the golden ones :)

In the photo of the white pearls, look at the one on the far right, with the tiny blue bump! Wendy, Pearlescence, didn't you have a pearl like that recently?

Hi Cathy, yes I did. I don't know if blue noses are a sign of these pearls -in which case I had them without even knowing it (although I don't think so as that pearl was in a huge lot of all sorts of odd pearls which Betty Sue and I spent happy hours trawling through to find maybe a dozen) or if sometimes white pearls have blue noses. Or patches.

Maybe not, Wendy ... but the resemblance is funny :) I think? your pearl was bigger, maybe?

What is the size of the golden ones, Cees? Duh I'd like to have a pair for earrings.

Think this forum is not really a place to market pearls hahaha

As promised last week, the pearls suitable to make pairs.

The South Sea 12.35 mm white/pink drop pearls are the best combo I saw for a very long time, took those along aswell, but that is a different story.

Attachments

• Orientpearls.jpg
    Orientpearls.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 33
Back