Newbie with questions pertaining to Baroque pearls

That "3 silver beads" design was, and is used in a lot of Native American/Southwest style jewelry too.

Cathy, I contacted my mom. She said that it's more than l.ikely a Mississippi river pearl, but she's going by her friend who left her the ring ( sadly, she is deceased ) and what she knows of her habits and likes, also her family history.

I'm still having to approve each post...probably because they were made in fairly rapid succession. Trying to keep up-- hang in there if I lag a bit.

Sorry about that - I got kind of fired up when you girls started replying. I had to go call my mom and settle down, lol.

Yes they do!

It would be very cool if it's a Mississippi river pearl. :) I'm going to hunt on here and see if we have other photos posted of M. river pearls.

More pics

More pics

Here's another pic of the ring. I have not caught up on your replies yet - thought I best get some more pictures up first.
Whoa. That was REALLY big. Let me get another. fullsizeoutput_1845.jpg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1836.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1836.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 27
I apologize for the crazy big pictures. I'm hunting down some that don't take over the whole screen.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_189e.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_189e.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 25
I'm going to post this one and then head off to bed. I sure do thank you ladies for your time and especially for your knowlege - sharing it with the rest of us who are trying to learn. I wish I had found you months ago! Thank you so much!!! fullsizeoutput_18a1.jpg

LOL huge photos!

I'll hunt a bit in my pearl books and see if I learn anything else. I honestly have no idea if it's a river pearl. Maybe someone who knows more will weigh in.
GemGeek maybe?

I agree with Pearl Dreams. In no way am I an expert, just a willing chatter :) That ring is really intriguing though :) I'm sure by tomorrow others way more knowledgeable will chime in! Excellent photos, LuckyLucy.

LOL huge photos!

I'll hunt a bit in my pearl books and see if I learn anything else. I honestly have no idea if it's a river pearl. Maybe someone who knows more will weigh in.
GemGeek maybe?

I know...sorry for the huge photos! I'm trying to find better ones.

I do agree that the posted links of MRP's look whiter than mine, depending on the lighting around the ring when the picture was taken. I'm completely stumped. I looked at ALOT of MRP's tonight. Some look alot like mine, others look like mine but there are differences. I do appreciate everyone's interest in helping me figure out what I have here!

Great pearl in a great ring! Definitely freshwater. And I loved Pearl Dream's explanation of real vs natural, wild vs farmed. :)

Do you mean an actual Japanese freshwater pearl from Lake Biwa, or one of the stick shaped Chinese pearls sold as Biwas?

It looks too big to be Biwa. I think it's possible it's American freshwater, though.

Back