New Golden South Sea Fatty

Thanks, everyone. The dings are tiny. I didn't realize that was such a common experience! I did look up the buffing thing on the other board. Interesting.

I've only had my Miki akoyas for a few weeks and I've already dropped them twice! Your posts are making me feel a bit better. Sea Urchin - your pearl is beautiful and I'm sure that none will notice the tiny dings.

I certainly drop my pearls from time-to-time. I think we all do. When I drop one of Hisano's geode earrings I break into an immediate freaked out sweat. So far, so good. But you are in good company!

I'm guessing the pearl will get it's share of small dings as it will be a ring. It's always the first that's the worse - like cars :)

- Karin

Okay, pics at last. The golden south sea pearl is 16.5mm. I just added the other two rings to show off! The Tahitian pearl is 15mm, and the white south sea is 13.5mm (My manhands are two feet by two feet).

Can you see the two little dings on the GSSP? Karin, I think you're right, it is just like when you get your first new car dent. Now I can relax!

GSS ring 1.jpg

GSS ring 2.jpg

3 rings.jpg

3 rings2.jpg

3 rings 4.jpg

Last edited:
Now THAT is a statement piece!!! Enjoy and wear in health. I just love love it!!!

That golden looks GOOD! You are fortunate to be able to carry it off.

Beautiful Sea Urchin, I love how it turned out, the simple setting really showcased the pearl most elegantly.

Fabulous!!!! I love how great it looks on the hand. Congratulations.

Absolutely gorgeous Sea Urchin!!! It looks beautiful stacked with your bands.

Gulp!
Those pearls really are something and look wonderful on you.
The golden like a sun with two moons!

@Jersey Pearl, LOL!

I am trying to limit my jewelry to three pieces at a time since I usually dress very casually and want to avoid going about festooned like a Christmas tree! It is hard, though. The wedding rings and obligatory earrings are two so that only leaves one more. Very, very hard!

Sea urchin, that is a beautiful ring, and looks huge, even for your larger hands!

Thanks, everyone. I have been very bad lately so if you don't hear from me for a while you'll know I'm in pearl jail again.

Back