new business

J

jutin777a

My wife and I are interested in starting a pearl opening business for carnivals, festivals, and other events on weekends and maybe some parties. Does anyone have any input how we can get started on our own? suppliers? Really dont want to start by buying into a company that does it. thanks for your input.

My wife and I are interested in starting a pearl opening business for carnivals, festivals, and other events on weekends and maybe some parties. Does anyone have any input how we can get started on our own? suppliers? Really dont want to start by buying into a company that does it. thanks for your input.
Do yourself a huge favor and search previous threads for posts regarding pearl opening parties.

Why would you want to start a pearl opening business? It's horrible for your health and usually based on deception. There are many threads like yours on this forum and it's discouraged here.

If you're on facebook you may want to take a look here for more information before you go further.
https://www.facebook.com/PearlPartyEducation

Pearl parties have a pretty bad reputation. If you really wanted to start a pearl business I would suggest maybe trying a different more honest route 😊

I think before jumping into this business, you should do a lot of research into the pros and cons of this type of work.

It's not just a case of pearls and pearl jewellery. There are so many more factors like chemicals in the oysters that suppliers provide. Also not misleading the customer by informing them what type of pearl they are buying (which is mostly low grade freshwater pearls).

If you want some more information, there is a Facebook page/ blog and they have written a good article on pearl parties and what to expect from a consumer and business perspective
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1919110851678150&id=1906513246271244

As others have stated, carefully consider the consequences of opening such a business. You'll likely have huge regrets later on.

Back