Need some help...structural

Great necklace JP. When you have it on how does it hang with the pearls wired together?

I got the bezels from Bella. The piece hangs very well when worn...I think the little silicone beads give it some substance without looking too rigid. IMG_3324.jpg

JerseyPearl - a couple of beading questions for you! What kind of chain did you use for this necklace and did you connect everything using jump rings? If so, did you simply close them with pliers or did you solder them?

hanadama, I used 1.5mm 14k gold oval link chain (I buy it by the foot). The pearl stations are wire wrapped onto the chain, and the gemstone stations are attached using 2mm 22 gauge 14k jump rings (made them myself!) The jump rings are just closed and not soldered...they seem pretty sturdy and can withstand a tug (did a test). I am always hesitant to solder the jump rings because 1) I don't really solder; and 2) I am always fearful that if I were to catch the necklace on something, the chain would break and be more expensive to replace than a jump ring.

Thanks Jersey Pearl! I'm taking wire wrapping workshop in a few weeks, the end goal is to learn how to make my own tin cups. Be warned, I'll probably have lots of questions for you!

Back