Need help identify this pearl

thinkerpearl

Hi everyone,im a novice here.I dont know anything about pearl.Please help me to identify,estimate the value of this pearl.Here's some information,weight is 112.9 and the size is 12.1/16.5mm.Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 25
thinkerpearl,

Welcome, from the sizes of the pearls, types of blemishes visible and coloration, it seems most likely you have a strand of cultured South Sea pearls. What is the metal clasp made of? Is it stamped, the numbers and letters could be very small. Are there stones set into the clasp? Was the necklace a gift? We always like to hear the stories that go with a pearl necklace. Please tell us all you can.

Welcome thinkerpearl! Lovely photos! Judging from the size and the luster, they could well be South Sea pearls, as Pattye said. However, it is the slight rose overtones that makes me wonder if they perhaps could be bead nucleated FW Edison pearls - see pictures that I have uploaded just to give a comparison?.
Of course, the story that goes with your necklace will help a lot. :)

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

More info on the clasp (kind of metal, diamonds or not) would help point to the value of the pearls. And of course what else you know about them, history, any information given, etc. I realize sometimes a posters would prefer a neutral opponion but keep in mind we are all volunteers, not professional apraisers, and we are severely restricted in having to have an opponion based only on photos.

- Karin

Back