Necklace with Coin Pearls Plus

Bodecia

Pearl Designer & Collector
Hi Caitlin and All,

Caitlin your Coin Pearl Necklace reminded me that I have one made up with Coin pearls and other CFWP. Have a photo of it so will attach it here. The Coin pearls actually have a lot more green in them as most of the pearls do but the photo don't really show that well. I combined it with Grossular Green garnets and Iolite plus the Bali Sterling. Made it up a while ago.

I have wondered how coin pearls and stick pearls for that matter are nucleated. Is it with mantle tissue shapes round and flat and in the case of stick pearls long pieces? Maybe should have started a different thread for this bit but will see if it goes okay here.

Bo

Attachments

• CoinPearls plus.JPG
    CoinPearls plus.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 32
I have wondered how coin pearls and stick pearls for that matter are nucleated. Is it with mantle tissue shapes round and flat and in the case of stick pearls long pieces? Maybe should have started a different thread for this bit but will see if it goes okay here.

Hi All,

I posted this earlier today which is not in your time zone so thought I would ask again as the original post may be missed. I really would like to know how stick and coin pearls are cultured. I quite like stick pearls and coin pearls if of decent qualiy but the star shaped pearls give me the horrors. :eek:

Thanks in anticipation, Bo

I know the coins and stars and crosses and moons and squares and diamond shapes are bead nucleated. I think most sticks are also, but it is possible that some aren't. I heard of some hollow sticks that tinkle when clinked. Slraep may know more about those- but I don't know if mantle nucleation of freshwater pwarls, to get stick shapes, is a happening thing.

Thanks Caitlin,

I think I will break a stick and a coin pearl to see exactly what is in them. :) I am sure I will find one of each that is not exactly top notch that will serve the purpose. I am getting picky about beads in my pearls these days. Must be your influence:)

Bo

Back