My rainbow strand!

Geez, Charlotta, I love your pearls with the almost-ecstasy of a brand new crayon box!

Thank you lisa c. I remember how exited I used to be when I did get new crayons as a child. Mostly because of all the colors. Once I got one of those with lots of colors, so much fun. Also play dough, after a while it got grey.

That strand is just so gorgeous, and I love all the creative ways you change it up.

Exactly, for the clean abundant colors, all there in a rainbow! Pearls are much better (no waxy-smell to choke to death on), last longer, stay cleaner, and drape better, but those crayons set my mind on color!

Thank you Incik Boncuk, lisa c and JillM. I really love this strand and I have used it s lot. I agree pearls are better than crayons, colors have always been fascinating to me. The colors of flowers and foliage, sunsets and sunrises, watercolors etc. When I create quilts I mostly try to capture some colorcombination that I have seen somewhere.

Quilts! Yes!!!! Is there a section in Other Stuff for your quilts?

Sadly not lisa c, most photos were on an old computer. I have to retake some photos of those I have. I have given away some of my quilts. I don't make them as much anymore, since the cats would destroy them. I see if I can find any photos.

I I found some photos. My latest project, not finished yet. Nine-patch.
_20200223_182959.jpg
Ohio star.
_20200223_183019.jpg
Rainbow Lone Star quilt. This I gave my mother.
_20200223_183243.jpg
Don't remember the name of this on. It's made with batik fabric.
_20200223_183311.jpg
An embroidered sampler.
_20200223_183326.JPG
A farm animal quilt that I made for my daughter. I think that I got the pattern from som McCalls quilt magazine.
_20200223_183338.jpg
Ocean Wave, made with civil war reproduction fabrics. This one is my favorite.
_20200223_183755.jpg
Since I make the by hand only, they take forever to make. Some photos are screenshots of my old not active Facebook page so might be blurry. I have more butno photos of them.

Last edited:
Your quilts are sewn entirely by hand, Charlotta? Kudos! (I sew too - the jacket in my avatar was sewn by me, mostly by hand. :))

Thank you Incik Boncuk, Bweaves and Pattye. Yep I sew my quilts entirly by hand. I did try to use my sewing machine at first, but I didn't like sitting there all alone. No I sew when we watch films and series in the evenings. The machine, and I have a special machine for making quilts, but I found it to be less precise than handstitching. To easy to chop of corners. Since I cannot put the quilts on the bed, not with these wild little things, I has sort of lost it's appeal. There are no good places to put them on the walls and I have snuggle quilts for when it's coldd already. It's also faster creating something with pearls and colors even if I have to wait for the pearls to arrive, usually a month if I order from outside europe. The quilting alone once took 300 hours on a big queen size quilt.

Thank you lisa c, one could make a story quilt with pearls, or applique some. Could be even better.

Thank you Incik Boncuk, Bweaves and Pattye. Yep I sew my quilts entirly by hand. I did try to use my sewing machine at first, but I didn't like sitting there all alone. No I sew when we watch films and series in the evenings. The machine, and I have a special machine for making quilts, but I found it to be less precise than handstitching. To easy to chop of corners. Since I cannot put the quilts on the bed, not with these wild little things, I has sort of lost it's appeal. There are no good places to put them on the walls and I have snuggle quilts for when it's coldd already. It's also faster creating something with pearls and colors even if I have to wait for the pearls to arrive, usually a month if I order from outside europe. The quilting alone once took 300 hours on a big queen size quilt.

Yes, hand quilting is no joke! I hand quilted one of my quilts (machine pieced, hand quilted) and that was enough! It's funny because I'm very happy to do hand stitching on tailoring or couture sewing, or Alabama Chanin-style stitching. But quilts are all machine, all the time for me.

Your pearl creations are lovely - you have an eye for color!

I tell you, that Rainbow strand is so mesmerizing it’d never see my neck. I’d put it on my wrist and never take it off. Lone star quilt and that necklace, plus couch - never have to move again.

Thank you lisa c, I can always attatch the rainbow strand to some other strand and wear it as a rope. My blue tahitians looks great with it. I am very fond of lone star quilts as well, except of course for the big emty corners that I then need to fill with fancy quilting. One day I might just do a really big one.

Back