My rainbow strand!

Charlotta

My rainbow strand has arrived! Most of you don't know what I am rambling about (again, imagine how much I can ramble in my birth language), but during a conversation with Cricketbug in August in my "My Pearls" tread I got the idea of making a rainbow strand with 10mm pearls. I asked Wendy at Pearlescence to help me find pearls in Hongkong, during the show, for such a strand. We both thought it would take a while. Guess what, it didn't. And today it arrived. I couldn't have done it without Wendy and I am grateful that she made my rainbow strand dream come true. She took lots of pictures during the process and sent me, she made me feel like she took me along with her. She manage to complete the project during the first day of the show. Apparantly most of her suppliers got interested in the project and helped. There are no red pearls in the strand, because they don't exist yet so we used pink instead. There are only pearls with natural colors in the strand and we made the rainbow with tahitians, south seas and edisons. I have always loved rainbow and colors. It's so gorgeous that I had string it at once, using Beaders secret in fog, it's a good color, neither to light or dark nor to warmtoned or cooltoned. Of course I had to put it on at once. Almost all of my colorful studs looks great with the rainbow.

My photos.
_20191002_165635.jpg
_20191002_165531.jpg
_20191002_164846.jpg
I'm using it with my 10,9mm peacock tahitian studs, that I bought from Pearlescence in february. Peacocks are suppose to have rainbow colors, right.
_20191002_165508.jpg

Last edited:
This is Wendys photos, showing the progress. First we thought about starting with a bracelet, because we thought that the project would take a long time.
_20191002_174916.jpg
_20191002_174903.jpg
_20191002_174850.JPG
_20191002_174832.JPG
_20191002_174821.JPG
_20191002_174809.jpg
One of the pearls getting drilled.
_20191002_174734.jpg
All done.
_20191002_174716.JPG

And some photos of the strand and suitable earrings. First my green south sea studs from Pearlescence.
_20191002_164828.jpg
Then my forest green tahitian studs from Pearlescence.
_20191002_164749.jpg
My blue tahitian studs from Pearlescence.
_20191002_164643.jpg
My blue green tahitian studs from Pearlescence.
_20191002_164723.jpg
My copper green tahitian earrings from Cees.
_20191002_164615.jpg
My deep golden south sea studs from Oceanscove.
_20191002_164548.jpg
I don't really have any purple, orange or peach earrings and only one pair of pink once...yet

I forgot to write that the pearls are incredible up close and in real life. Just look at the bright turquoise one, or the bright green one, or the golden south seas or those purple or the blue once...all of them really. I am incredibly Lucky and so thankful for all of Wendys help. I couldn't have done it without her, she had to pick the pearls from single once. Funnily enough there are no natural color rainbow strands at all. Well one now...

Charlotta, that's one jaw dropping beautiful strand!! Congratulations to both you & Wendy!!! So unique!

Thank you 86Corvettegirl. I to think that it only took me roughly a month after I had the idea before I had it in my hands. Cannot stop staring at the diffrent pearls. So many colors! Even not-husband thought it was pretty and he didn't like my sampler strand (maybe his eyesight are poor)...

Wow! This turned out so beautifully, Charlotta! It's an ombre rainbow strand! All your studs will go with it, which is a bonus. :cool:

Thank you Cricketbug. It goes with everything, except maybe white or grey earrings. Yep, it's an ombre rainbow strand, love ombres. They are such a pleasure to look at.

That's so fun to see the beginning and continuing progress of the pearl hunt in Hong Kong! It's looks like it was a treasure hunt. :D

Thank you Alyend and Cricketbug. Cricketbug, it really was a treasure hunt and so fun. I love watching progress photos, then I can see what the original idea were like, how it changed during the process and what the results are like. It's like watching someones thoughts.

Just gorgeous! What a fun commission. Well done Wendy and Charlotta,

Thank you Parrot Lady and SydK. I love my new strand. It's good for me that it's not a rope or I wouldn't get anything done.

Woah, this is a dream necklace. It's so versatile, it has all the colors of the rainbow and IMHO would fit any outfit. Great creation! Would you add more natural colors to the strand, thus also adding extra length, if you had the patience?

Back