My pearly treasures. Please help me get of out this lovely addiction

pearladd

Hello my friends!

I 've been admiring everyone's pearls on this forums for a while and guess it's time for me to share my collection. I bought the first pair of earrings (silver overtone 6-6.5mm Akoya) from the Pearl Outlet a few months ago, and was so impressed that I have amassed quite a collection since. The first picture below is TPO pair mentioned. They are really like mirrors. They started to feel small on me (now I know why people say we would love bigger pearls as time goes by) but there's no way I am going to part with them. They are so beautiful and shines very bright. The next pair is 7-7.5mm copper metallic from Pearl Paradise. They are incredible and have little lights dancing inside of them, currently my favorite studs.

DSC_4792.jpg
DSC_5503.jpg.

Next is a 8-8.5mm metallic copper lavender earring from Pearl Paradise (the other earring just came back from PP for regluing and I didn't have time to take pictures of both). They are also so lustrous. Though they do not shine like the 7-7.5, they have glow from inside that is extremely attractive.
DSC_5501.jpg

10mm Tahitian studs from Ebay. Nice dark body color with some hint of purple. I don't wear large studs so I converted them into these, using the earwires from Caheret from Ebay, and the daisy spacers from her store as well. I bent the post of the studs to make a loop, and my poor skill shows in the earrings. But nevermind, ;), I love them a lot.
DSC_5521.jpg

7.5-8mm Freshadamas studs from Pearl Paradise. They are my everyday earrings. I can't believe freshwater pearls can be so beautiful. They have a silver-rose overtone though I was unable to capture that in my picture. I usually have very particular requests and PP friends have never disappointed me.

DSC_5497.jpg

Baroque golden south sea from Pearl Paradise again. Very nice and special. The shape and design makes the earrings look like fresh pears, yummy

DSC_5499.jpg

8mm tahitian pearl dangles from Pearlotica.com. Buying from Jerry at Pearlotica was a great experience for me. He was super helpful with the selection of the pearls and they turned out to be really really beautiful. I ordered from him twice (next one is coming soon) and every time he expedited the shipping to me, 2 days coming from Hawaii is wow! Can't expect for more.

DSC_5518.jpg

7.5-8mm freshadama dangles from PP. They are truly classic and beautiful. I was not able to capture the luster and color in this picture. They have a silver rose overtone and the shine is quite similar to Akoyas. Love them

DSC_5507.jpg

Last but not least, white south sea pearl dangles from Ebay. I love them so much. I feel like a princess when I wear them :eek:, though they are for fancy occasions, which I do not have at the moments :(.

DSC_5080.jpg
DSC_5083.jpg

Now I know what stress can do to the wallet, and I can say with certainty that I am a pearl addict now. I hope you enjoy the pictures. And a big thank to all of you who have educated me a lot on this forum about pearls, :D. Sorry the files are of big size and I don't know how to resize them, so it may be quite slow to show.

Hi Pearladd, welcome! Thanks for your pictures and the captions that are so delightfully readable! I love your goldenSS in the PP Blossom setting the best! I'm not a big fan of GSS, but those are making me a convert.

Lisa: Thanks for your nice words. I'm so glad you like the pictures. The golden SS's are beautiful, aren't they?

Here are more pictures, of the pearls together, just for fun. The grey Tahitians are also studs from Ebay, I forgot to post a picture in the previous post. I don't like them as much as the other pairs. They are here to enhance the beauty of the others :D. In the last pictures are the earrings inside PP baroque Tahitian tincup necklace (this, btw, looks much nicer in real life. Sorry about my terrible photographing skills).

DSC_5523.jpg
DSC_5517.jpg
DSC_5178.jpg

Hi Pearldad -- your pictures are lovely. I'll second Lisa -- the GSS drops are gorgeous. Were they from the spring PP special? I also got a pair at that time and fell in love. :p The metallic copper studs have amazing color and luster. Thanks so much for sharing!

I think you did just fine with the photographs:D

Thanks, Lulu. I've been admiring lots of your photos too!
Actually I missed the spring special. I was indecisive then so when I decided to buy one, they ran out of the smaller size. I waited and got these from the Mother's day discount. The price was not too bad but I'd better learn next time ;)

Great pearls and great photos. I'm really loving the new earring findings on the golden south seas. :)

Photos are lovely, Pearls are beautiful! So what exactly is the......... Ohh Shiny!!!

Wear & Enjoy!!!

Cheers
Ash

Come to the Dark side we have pearls (someone at the cookies.)

You've come to the wrong place for help - like going into a pub if you think you're drinking too much!

You have some absolutely lovely pearls, gorgeous ones. Great photos, too!

Your collection is splendid! Congratulations! It seems all we need is our first pearl buy and it is down that slippery slope we soon hurtle headlong along :)

Really nice. I particularly like the tahitian dangles, very interesting earwires on that one. Hope to see more in the future.

Last edited:
GemGeek: Thanks. I was going to send the GSS back when I got it, thinking that might be too girly a few years down the road. But they are too lovely and my husband said I should keep it, so there I go ;)
Katbran: I can't believe either. I was thinking I must buy earrings from each pearl variety and then stop for life. But now I guess I was so wrong :(
Pattye: Thanks for your warm welcome ;). Indeed I love earrings so much and can't go without them.
Ash, Amanda, Amrita: Thanks :), ;). I knew I had come to the wrong place. But I can't help it ;)
Adeline: Thanks, I was really waiting for someone to comment on the Tahitian earwires as I love them so much. They are the vermeil ones from Druzydesign. I think the color suits the Tahitians very well

Btw, why is everyone on this forum so nice????

Because like attracts like!!! Because we all so feel at home with fellow addicts of the good stuff that we hang around. Because we all started the same way you did.

I love your response to Katbran. Once upon a naive time ago, I too thought I will stop once I acquire every shape of freshwater pearl (coins, biwa, petals, nucleated, keshis, nuggets). Which soon became I will stop once I acquire every colour of freshwater pearl.

Then my battle cry was I will stop when every type of pearl has been acquired (akoya, tahitian, south sea, sea of cortez, abalone)... Then epiphany.

It will never stop. Period. And I have made my peace with it :D Lol.

Pearladd,

Being Nice.. It's just how we roll. As Adeline Pointed out we share the same passion, there is also fun & encouragement. Welcome to the Club!

Cheers

May the focus or pixel of camera cause photos not clear enough. Even so, pearls are good quality I am sure.

hi!

im no expert when it comes to pearls but your collection is absolutely beautiful, love.....love......love..... the baroque golden and pearl dangles. :)

Back