My pearls

It's still hot and sticky but I wanted to wear a strand anyway. Today my greenish south sea strand and bracelet from Kongspearl and my green south sea studs from Pearlescence. I always wipe my pearls after using them, today I really needed to.
_20190714_164250.jpg
_20190714_164323.jpg
_20190714_164356.jpg
_20190714_164424.jpg
These studs are gorgeous on their own as well.
_20190714_164442.jpg
With my champagne south sea studs from TahitiPearldesigner as well
_20190616_142406.jpg
_20190616_142429.jpg
Today smaller kitten has been more naughty than usual. Managed to push two houseplants down from the window sill, went for a third when I grabbed her tinyness midpush.... Evil kitten. Bigger kitten watched....

Last edited:
Thank you Pattye. Her holy tinyness also did climb the curtains and not-husband t-shirt....wilst fly hunting...he was wearing the t-shirt...

Charlotta, loving your pearly playdates.

A spray bottle with water helps with naughty kittens!

May I ask where you got the clasp for your greenish SSP? and do you have to glue in the pieces to the pearls, or can you explain how they attach, please? Thanks.

Usually those kind of clasps have a little loop inside the cup, through which you pass the needle and thread. When you pass the needle back through the end pearl, the cup snugs up against the pearl.

Like PD said - its often a bell shape with a bar, sometime two bars crossed inside the cap and you need a flexible needle. You bend the end of the needle like a hook and grab the bar, then using fine pliers you grab the end of the needle and pull. These clasps work best if you can use a round/roundish pearl as your last pearl. It sits best against the round surface.

2thdktr, there is no bar inside the cup just two holes on top of the cup. I use gimp in fine. It's a bit tricky but the tread is invisible when I'm done. I bought the clasps from Beadsfeeder on etsy, very resonable price. They are plated somehow but I haven't had any allergic reactions or colorchanges on them. I bought my tasselhead with a birdcage from them a year ago and it still looks brand new. Since there is no bar in the cup the clasp works for round, dropshaped and baroque pearls as long as they are bigger than the pearlcup. 2 mm akoyas didn't work....
I will try the waterbottle on kitten, but she sometimes plays with water.

What are the odds that you would have two such wildly playful kitties?! They sound like constant entertainment.

Those earrings match back to your bracelet and strand so well. Great combinations and I love the color and off roundish shapes of the greenish earrings!

Thank you Jeg, I love that strand, bracelet and studs ad well. So much character in those bumpy pearls.
My kittens are so funny and wild. We spend a lot of time with them, playing, petting them and teaching them tricks with treats. Not-husband accually teach them stuff no dogowner would ever tell if they did, like begging at the table and eating on the table as well. He think it's so funny when people who own dogs visit and the cats do whatever they want to. He just tells them that everybody knows you cannot teach a cat anything (not true, you can teach them if they wanted to...). He once set the christmas table with a setting for our old cat (the one we lost last year) just to tease the visitors (especially his brother who doesn't like cats)...it was very funny.

Today just my blue green 13.1mm tahitian studs from Pearlescence. Such a gorgeous pair of earrings. Very lustrous. One has more purple overtones and the other one more blue green. These ones are pretty enough to wear on it's own.
_20190715_192538.jpg
This photo shows the luster better. I took it maybe a month ago.
_20190715_172539.JPG

Your cat tales (tails?) are hilarious, Charlotta! Kittens, in particular, are so much fun. My husband doesn't really like cats much, although he's allowed that maybe he might be able to tolerate one in the future, instead of a dog. Heehee!

The earrings are so lovely, and the photo with the lustre is amazing!

Thank you Cricketbug. Little kitten sure is wild. Today she had been interested in lamps, especially making them swing and a picture frame is less straight than this morning.

Today I'm wearing my Rikiteas from Cees and my green and pink tahitian studs from Pearlescence. My go to pearls, but they are pretty and I love wearing them. Still a bit hot for strands, but wore it anyway.
_20190717_093229.jpg
_20190717_161612.jpg
_20190717_161240.jpg
_20190717_161213.jpg
_20190717_161141.jpg
_20190717_161120.jpg
_20190717_161030.jpg
_20190717_160957.jpg
_20190717_160935.jpg
My selfies are not showing the pearls as they should do. I inser a better one I took a while ago.
_20190717_164733.jpg

Last edited:
Still one of my top faves of yours, Charlotta! The clasp provides such a lovely finishing touch. Beautiful!

I think if I owned those Rikiteas I would wear them every day :)

Thank you SydK, I wear the rikiteas a lot. Wore them again today. They go with everything.

Look at the stunning colour of your rikitea strand ! Amazing

Back