My new pearls

Gold dust pearls.

they really and truly are. So stunning.

-9_zpscca43d83.jpg

Your post #41 is crazy gorgeous. Like nuggets of gold!

I took a picture tonight of these pearls on the sunporch at dusk and inside the dark house a bit later with no flash. It's amazing that they just can't help but glow.

Outside at sunset:
-3_zps4e73895e.jpg

Inside, no flash, no lights:
-2_zps3b948a6c.jpg

They're beautiful no matter what the lighting situation is. I'm just in awe.

I shall now subject you all to MORE PEARLS! I had three lovely things arrive this evening from Catherine. 5 more on the way, and 3 in the works. I'm a disaster.

What I got was some GORGEOUS drusy pearls which I'm calling hedgehogs. They are AAA in light creams, peaches and pinks strung on powerpro. The strand is just over 23 inches. Dimensions are 13.5mm x 10.8mm x 11.4mm down to 10.2mm x 8mm x 10mm at clasp. I adore them. The texture of them is just out of this world.

-2_zps44424aa0.jpg

-1_zpsa211efac.jpg

and there is a matching bracelet:
-4_zps06870ebf.jpg

I also got a gorgeous AA+ metallic strand of golden peach freshwaters. They are 18 inches give or take and the pearls are about 9mm. The color is perfect.
-6_zps742c7ef2.jpg

-5_zps149d1aa7.jpg

and together:
-11_zpsbe959ac7.jpg

-12_zpsd1b26d8e.jpg

Catherine is amazing and I *HIGHLY* recommend her.
I'll get better photos is tomorrow light. These came pretty late today.

LOVELY! and lovely together, too. piles of pearls are awesome! you are SO not a disaster. you're normal. perfectly normal. (she says, fingering the tahitian tin cup she got from the pp sale with the last of her grocery money...)

Both strands beautiful on their own and such a lovely contrast when worn together! Can hardly wait to see what is next :)

Absolutely beautiful!!! Keep the photos coming ~ I can't wait to see your other new pieces :D

Updating with daytime photos. They came late last night so here they are in the sun:
-5_zps5247c15c.jpg

-1_zpscd810d83.jpg

-4_zps959ec827.jpg

-3_zps80c7a124.jpg

I have a question about druzy pearls-- can you feel the bumps when you wear them?

I cannot. And I'm over the top sensitive. I was worried about that, but it is not an issue.

I am bumping because I'm woefully behind on this thread and have many things to add but I took this shot the other day and LOVE how well you can see the difference between the rainbow ripples and the golden peach ripples. I don't feel like you see this difference when wearing them-they appear very similar. Most likely because they both have strong gold overtones and when the light hits they just shimmer and shine. They're each beautiful in their own way.
IMG_6028_zpse00c1905.jpg

The colors show beautifully in indirect daylight on the neutral surface. They also look lovely against your skin, but I can see what you mean. :)

Luminous, those rainbows look mighty tasty...

Back