My first pearls! (Jewelmer earrings)

wyndslash

Community member
For those who've read my intro post in the Other Topics sub-forum, you'd know I was dawdling on a pair of gold South Sea pearl earrings.

Well, I pulled the trigger and bought it when I went to the store earlier this morning. I wanted to try it on again plus get a better look at the pearl itself. Additionally, the store manager was a very kind and accommodating saleslady. I've encountered some condescending salespeople at luxury retail stores before, and there is no way I would buy from people like that. This lady was classy and didn't mind letting us try on other pairs. She also chatted with us amiably and just in general was a genuine pleasure to transact with. My mother was perusing the other pearl strands they had while I thought it over, but in general she was rooting for me to buy it, hah. If you buy your pearl jewelry from them, they will clean it for free as well as a free restringing if you bought a pearl strand. It's nice to know they have such great customer service.

Anyway, here's what you clicked on this link for :) :
pearls.jpg

The picture was taken on my mobile and I sent the pic to my email, so I don't know how to rotate the picture. But it's pretty clear, I think. It was hard to find some good lighting.

Details on the pearls as according to their authenticity card: the pearl sizes are 11.14 and 11.19 mm, the heart and post is 18k gold, shape of the pearls is oval and color is gold. You can't see it in the picture here, but these are semi-dangling earrings. They fall just below my lobe and are gorgeous. Can't wait to wear this everyday :)

Currently, Jewelmer is running a local promo where if you buy a pair of pearl stud earrings, you'll get a free leather pouch made by Fino leatherware. Unfortunately, dangling earrings aren't part of the promo so instead, we were gifted with a nice leather jewelry roll (for traveling) instead. Like I said, top-notch service. My mom is currently eyeing another pair of earrings herself, haha.

Those earrings are hands down gorgeous, worthy of everyday wear! I think this pair of earrings may have single handedly turned me on to golden SS :cool:

Those earrings are hands down gorgeous, worthy of everyday wear! I think this pair of earrings may have single handedly turned me on to golden SS :cool:

That's great :) golden SS are definitely gorgeous. I'm so excited to wear these babies to work tomorrow :)

Those are GORGEOUS. I would wear them every day, with everything.

About 20 years ago I got a pair of akoya pearls that dropped from a small ruby heart. Similar to your earrings but much smaller. I love those earrings, and I know you will enjoy wearing yours for years to come.

Those are so cute! No wonder you fell for them.

Here, let me rotate your photo for you:

Attachments

• photo 3
    68.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Thanks, PD :)

Thank you for the kind compliments, everyone. Will post ear shots later. Does anyone know if/how I can post pics on the mobile version of PG?

Lovely earrings!!! You will really enjoy wearing them. More pictures please ;)

Ear shots:

View attachment 39899View attachment 39900

If the angle is a bit weird, it's because I was facing the camera towards the mirror to take a shot of my own ear, haha.

The saleslady at Jewelmer informed us that for dangling earrings, they try to keep the pearls at around 11mm so it wouldn't be too heavy. The posts are a bit thick (and quite sturdy) so they hurt my ear holes a bit when I took them off tonight. I put some body oil and seems to be okay.

Sorry the pic is really huge.

My mother commented that once you purchase a Jewelmer pearl jewelry, you would never look at others again. They are really quite something.

Attachments

• 20160226_223251_1_bestshot.jpg
    20160226_223251_1_bestshot.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 89
Gorgeous color and luster, and they fit your ear lobe so nicely too!

Now get your money's worth out of them by wearing them often!

thank you so much for the kind words, everyone :)

I'm targeting a strand next, but that probably won't be for years to come, I'm sure ;) I do enjoy lurking and seeing other people's pearls, though :)

Wyndlash, perhaps you could start your necklace with a single pearl on a gold chain, then add pearls every so often, till you get a full strand ?

Wyndlash, perhaps you could start your necklace with a single pearl on a gold chain, then add pearls every so often, till you get a full strand ?

That's another way, but I am planning to eventually get a Jewelmer pearl strand :) I'm not good at DIY stuff :)

Back