My Collection

DK:
I'm so disappointed. I was hoping to be able to see your pearls this time. I see Pattye can still see them and now John can see them. I'm still out in the cold here. Lots of text, no pearls. I'm sorry. They sound wonderful!
barbie

I don't see the links on the screen, as if they all suddenly disappeared...
Is it my connection, or are pictures removed?

Thank you for your compliments :D

That is really weird that some of you can't see the photos :confused:

I have made that album "Public", here is the link, or one can access the album via my Profile:

My Collection

I hope you can see the pics now :)

DK :D

Whoa, DK!!

That is some collection! Thanks for the great photos, and must compliment you on your proficient knotting skills! And excellent taste in pearls! The gem quality strands are sooooo outstanding!

As for the faux pearl pendants, my guess is the two larger very round ones in front?

Thank you! :D

Yup, the two larger very round ones are fake, just too good to be real, aren't they? :p

Wow, this is indeed impressive!
I am especially impressed by the gorgeous white collection! Congratulations!

Olga

Wow, this is indeed impressive!
I am especially impressed by the gorgeous white collection! Congratulations!

Olga

Thank you! I am glad you can see the pics at last :D

I'll change the other photo albums to Public too, so that you can see the chick pendant and the black & white double strand pics etc...

Grandma's Pearls and loose pearls from "Pick a Pearl Oyster" from Isle of White Pearls :D

picture.php

The strand is really ugly by modern standards, very yellow, irregular, pitted, and rather dull. It has a cheap silver clasp with the pearl missing. It was given to me or my sister as a play thing, discarded unloved from my grandma's jewellery box, for as long as I can remember. It probably worth nothing, as she was not known to give our family anything of value :rolleyes:

However, having read the information on here about natural pearls, this could be natural! Who knows, as I am certainly not going to spend 100 USD to find out, as I shan't wear it! It will remain in the box marked "memory" :)

The loose pearl on the right, is probably the pearl that kick-started my obsession :eek: It was the first "Pick a Pearl Oyster" back in the mid 90's, it has huge sentimental value, and I am going to set it in a tension set Titanium ring from Boone Ring. I'll post a pic of what the ring may look like later :)

DK :)

Here's the link to the Helixx Pearl ring on Boone Ring's site:

Helixx Pearl Ring

I thought about setting it in a diamond halo ring, however, it is too small and will disappear on my hand nowadays. The Helixx ring is quite bold and chunky, more in line with my style and proportions :)

Wow !
I can see the pics......
Beautiful collection, dkan; I like the longer lengths, too. :)

pearls

pearls

Hi Dkan,
First of all, congratulations on your recent fine purchases. The gem strands are beautiful. You have quite a nice collection as a whole. I like the rings a lot. You must be a diamond lover too. :)

Now the strange thing is the pics. Some members said they could not see the pics in this thread. I see pics this time. So I went back to your other thread about matching to an existing strand. I could see those pics now, and I could not previously. Strange. :confused:

Ana,

That's a very nice titanium design! I love the shaped shank, really helps keep a ring from rolling----IMO, needs a larger pearl, though!

DK, guess I have been fortunate to see the photos all along----

For the sake of choice: LINK to another Ti & Pearl ring design ;)

The business has a custom order service, but I haven't tried that one. Their Zr. ceramic interests me...

Thanks for the link :)

I saw that too, however, it is too angular for my liking, the Boone ring is more curvy and sensual, if you know what I mean :) In addition, I believe the Boone ring offers more "protection" against knocks and scratches :)

I have other loose pearls, so I could have others made at a later stage ;)

Hi Dkan,
First of all, congratulations on your recent fine purchases. The gem strands are beautiful. You have quite a nice collection as a whole. I like the rings a lot. You must be a diamond lover too. :)

Now the strange thing is the pics. Some members said they could not see the pics in this thread. I see pics this time. So I went back to your other thread about matching to an existing strand. I could see those pics now, and I could not previously. Strange. :confused:

Thank you! :D

I have two vices - food and jewellery, and I love diamonds :D

What I would like to add to my collection are:
A nice round Tahitian about 9-12mm (this should become a reality soon) :D
A 18/19in 7-8mm double rope in gem grade CWFPs
A 8-9mm double rope in gem grade or AAA CWFPs
A 20in 13-16mm+ Baroque SSP
A 3-pearl pendant, 12mm each, White, Light Grey and Gray with diamonds in between
Interchangeable cliclasps in white and grey pearls, with pearl necklaces (my existing 9-10mm CFWP is going to be converted by Ana)
Pendants, more pendants, never enough pendants! :D

And that's just for pearls! I could go on for diamonds! No, I don't wish for much, really :rolleyes: :p :D

Strange about the pics, as I don't understand why some PGers can see them while the others can't :confused:

DK, guess I have been fortunate to see the photos all along----

Thanks! :)

I wish I have the time and energy to make things like you do, and handle beautiful pearls and gemstones in the process!

I hate to keep saying wow, but WOW! Those are faboo! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful photos with us. ;)

I think the whole problem with the photos was that the photos are uploaded from her albums rather than her computer, and when the albums were not public, they were viewable only by her contacts. I can see all the photos now except those in posts 16, 17 and 18.

Beautiful pearls!

I think the whole problem with the photos was that the photos are uploaded from her albums rather than her computer, and when the albums were not public, they were viewable only by her contacts. I can see all the photos now except those in posts 16, 17 and 18.

That's strange, as they are in the same album which is now public! :confused:

Glad you like the gem CFWPs too, they are gorgeous, and I have not come across real pearls that shinny until now! :D

Back