Mikimoto 18K Stud Earrings

Postman's Treasures

Good afternoon,

I have been buying and selling Mikimoto items for the past couple years. I just came across a couple pair today from a seller that only had the backs stamped by Mikimoto with the proper hallmarks. Usually the backs and the posts are marked, but the post on these two were not marked. These pieces seem to be relatively newer. Does Mikimoto every create studs with out marking the post? Any insight you can provide would be most appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
James P.

This is an interesting question @Postman's Treasures
I haven't heard they have changed anything, but it might be a recent thing. I hope we can have one of our valuable and informed forum members chime in!

Good afternoon,

I have been buying and selling Mikimoto items for the past couple years. I just came across a couple pair today from a seller that only had the backs stamped by Mikimoto with the proper hallmarks. Usually the backs and the posts are marked, but the post on these two were not marked. These pieces seem to be relatively newer. Does Mikimoto every create studs with out marking the post? Any insight you can provide would be most appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
James P.
Hi James, are the posts marked 750? Are you looking at the seller's photos?

You might want to call Mikimoto and ask them. If the posts used to be stamped, I'd be surprised if they quit doing that.

Back