Metallic ripples

So I just received my Pearls. Not as purple as Yunlan's pictures, rather a mix of mauve, purple and golden. I am seeing in my office lighting. So maybe will show darker colors in shade or direct sunlight. Pearls have a strong fishy smell which is actually preventing me from playing with them IMG_20161205_161437.jpg

Suchi, your necklace looks fabulous! Mine looks like that too under incandescent light. If you want to see the purples you may have to take them out, not in direct sunlight but more in the shade. Actually my pearls look copper in direct sunlight. Let your pearl acclimatize with your surroundings first. My necklace also still smells fishy and I have been hanging it in my closet for a few days already.
I hope this link here helps you https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...reshwater-Pearls-(!!)&highlight=stinky+edison

I got my kong pearls ripples. I bought a small lot.
Yunlan from kong pearl is incredibly responsive. I like the quality of the pearls I got. No idea what I'll do with them. They are currently undrilled. I'm thinking a pendant for the really big one and maybe a ring for those dark dark ones.
I'm undecided. So I shall do what was suggested earlier and call them My Precious. Here are the pics in shade and in direct sunlight View attachment 46483

glad to see they went to a good home. I was eyeing them but wasnt fast enough hehe

Suchi, your necklace looks fabulous! Mine looks like that too under incandescent light. If you want to see the purples you may have to take them out, not in direct sunlight but more in the shade. Actually my pearls look copper in direct sunlight. Let your pearl acclimatize with your surroundings first. My necklace also still smells fishy and I have been hanging it in my closet for a few days already.
I hope this link here helps you https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...reshwater-Pearls-(!!)&highlight=stinky+edison

Thanks Pareltje. Hopefully the smell from my strand will dissipate in a few days.

Both of theses strands look great ! I've bought several deeply coloured Ripple strands but they all wash out a bit in direct sunlight . Just as Tahitians can turn grey my Purple /Rose lavender ones go sort of ...tan .. hard to describe. But there is no doubt that direct sunlight doesn't do much for pearl coulors .

You should both be very pleased with your purchases...the colours look wonderful!

So I just received my Pearls. Not as purple as Yunlan's pictures, rather a mix of mauve, purple and golden. I am seeing in my office lighting. So maybe will show darker colors in shade or direct sunlight. Pearls have a strong fishy smell which is actually preventing me from playing with themView attachment 46610
these colors while less saturated seem to be very good as well

Both of theses strands look great ! I've bought several deeply coloured Ripple strands but they all wash out a bit in direct sunlight . Just as Tahitians can turn grey my Purple /Rose lavender ones go sort of ...tan .. hard to describe. But there is no doubt that direct sunlight doesn't do much for pearl coulors .

Are you saying they fade over time or that the colors don't show up well in the sun, or both? I'm hoping you don't mean fade.

I think she meant that the colors don't show up well in direct sunlight. I've never heard of pearl colors fading, apart from conch pearls, which do fade if exposed much to the sun.

Some more photos today morning in the flight. Colors are showing up better here.
IMG_20161206_082957.jpgIMG_20161206_083337.jpg

Last edited:
Suchi, I like the morning photos, the purple and bronze really shows. Neck shot please?)

Thanks everyone for liking my strand. Lugana, will post neck shots in a few days since my Pearls still have this fishy smell.
JerseyPearl I love your etsy shop.
Today's morning shots
IMG_20161207_064015.jpg
IMG_20161207_063950.jpg

JerseyPearl actually Pareltje has suggested keeping them in a well ventilated room. Now the smell is 80% gone. Hopefully will be able to start wearing it from this weekend.
I am already looking at more Pearls. Somebody save me.

Are you saying they fade over time or that the colors don't show up well in the sun, or both? I'm hoping you don't mean fade.

Sorry ! Didn't mean to panic anyone !! Pearl Dreams is correct ...the direct sunlight washes out the appearance of the colour ...the colour itself doesn't not fade. Don't worry !

Those are really nice pearls ! I'm impressed ! The price is great ...not that far off the price at a show.

I received my pearls yesterday, the colours are gorgeous~
I am thinking making those into a pair of earrings~
image.jpg

Back