Metallic ripples

Pareltje, what gorgeous pearls and great choices. FW ripples are my favorite pearls because I am drawn to metallic pinks and mauves. I have been so self indulgent lately, more pearls will have to wait (sigh).

Pareltje -- they are very pretty! I recently purchased metallic white edison freshwater pearls from the same vendor, still has no time (and no skills) to string them yet. Cant wait to see what you'd come up with for these lovely pearls

Pareltje, thank you for showing us your photos and the vendor's photos so we can see how the colors and luster compare ... very helpful. Too funny; I was thinking if I got that lot of pearls, I'd make charms and hang them from a chain ...

Trulyviolet, it happens to us all the time. Get up off the floor SLOWLY, settle into a comfy spot with a cup of a comforting beverage to restore your strength, and browse here some more :)

i better do really well at my shows next year......that's all i'm saying
cause i look through and get the 'gimme gimme's'
and the 'i wants'

Pareltje, are the pearls you bought drilled or is there an option to have them drilled?

Of course, hang around! We are your people.

The pearls remind me of the candy colored pearls. They put regular pearls in the shade. I'm in love with the one that looks like a pink cloud, or sherbet.

I had a not so great experience a while back but I am glad to hear others more positive. It might be worth another attempt. Thanks for the insight:eek:

Pareltje -- they are very pretty! I recently purchased metallic white edison freshwater pearls from the same vendor, still has no time (and no skills) to string them yet. Cant wait to see what you'd come up with for these lovely pearls

Myizzkie, we are here to help you with knotting your pearls. Just check the Lowly Beaders you will find tons of tips and tutorials there.

Pareltje, are the pearls you bought drilled or is there an option to have them drilled?
There is an option to have the pearls drilled. But since it was my first purchase with this vendor I didn't ask her to drill them. I figured if I don't like them I can still return them. This is often not the case with drilled pearls.
Ripples are my favorite too. I can't get enough of them. They seem to exhibit more characters than round perfect pearls

Pareltje, thank you for showing us your photos and the vendor's photos so we can see how the colors and luster compare ... very helpful. Too funny; I was thinking if I got that lot of pearls, I'd make charms and hang them from a chain ...

Trulyviolet, it happens to us all the time. Get up off the floor SLOWLY, settle into a comfy spot with a cup of a comforting beverage to restore your strength, and browse here some more :)

That's it, Cathy. I'm going to make charms out of them and hang them on a chain, be it necklace or bracelet LOL

i better do really well at my shows next year......that's all i'm saying
cause i look through and get the 'gimme gimme's'
and the 'i wants'

Vi, have you seen these ripples? They took my breath away.... and the price too LOL IMG_20161104_130954.jpg
The necklace is from Wen Pearl.

Last edited:
whaaaaat? Pareltje, I've been looking at Wen stuff but haven't ordered yet. do you remember what listing are those from?

whaaaaat? Pareltje, I've been looking at Wen stuff but haven't ordered yet. do you remember what listing are those from?

They are from paired ripple pearls listings. I think Wen has removed the listing because they're old already and most of them have sold out. I picked them pair by pair....:rolleyes:

Of course, hang around! We are your people.

The pearls remind me of the candy colored pearls. They put regular pearls in the shade. I'm in love with the one that looks like a pink cloud, or sherbet.
you and me both
and i like the darker ones that look like holiday mercury glass ornaments from the 40s-50s

Vi, Kojima's ripples are superb. I got a pair of kasumis from them. I missed the necklace I wanted a few years ago.

Vi, Kojima's ripples are superb. I got a pair of kasumis from them. I missed the necklace I wanted a few years ago.

those make me actually cry....... i know they aren't in my future but i hope who ever does get them loves them dearly

It went to a loving home, Vi. The owner is on pricescope. Don't know if she is a member here too

Sarah's Kojima kasumi pearls are genuine Japanese Kasumi pearls, rather than Chinese "kasumi-like" pearls. The Chinese make some gorgeous kasumi-style pearls, no doubt about it. Once you've held one of Sarah's Kojima Kasumi strands in your hands up close ... the color, luster and orient are extraordinary. I couldn't buy the strand I held at Kojima this summer, sadly ... but it haunts me yet.

Vi, the owner is definitely a pearl lover

Cathy, I only have a pair of Japanese Kasumis. the color, luster, orient and weight can't compare 100% to the Chinese ripple pearls of the same size. I think real Kasumis are lighter which may be the result of the nucleus? I wonder....And I can only dream about owning a strand of genuine Kasumis

Back